Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wrap gifts as you get them?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM
  • 37 Replies
Or all at once?
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms_amanda
by Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:50 AM
I usually do the wrapping in 3-4 shifts. Always with a bottle of wine and Christmas music blaring. When the wine is gone or I'm drunk and wrapping becomes too sloppy I stop. (which is typically what happens) lol

DH 'helps' but he sucks at it. So, he usually does other things like organizing the stocking stuffers, peeling price tags off of boxes, and wrapping the easier gifts. He also keeps my wine glass full! He's a good man! lol
UCFknight
by Brenda on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:16 PM
That would be the smart thing to do!! Lol I am usually a last minute wrapper, & in the past, have forgotten all I've wrapped so I've forced family to open random gifts then I tell them who it's really for!!
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:44 PM
I do it all at once or I'll forget what I got everyone
MysticLove
by Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 1:52 PM

I usually do all at once. I tend to buy through out the year so I wrap after the tree goes up (Santa only brings the stocking stuff here). This year we got them all bikes and so that will have to wait until Christmas eve because I want DH to put them together before they go by the tree.

dragonborn
by Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:28 PM
I wrap as I buy. Haven't started yet though because our tree isn't up. The presents are still in bags and hiding in Daddy's car (we never go in there so they're safe from kids eyes.)
Once we put up the tree, I'll wrap what I have and then try to keep up on my wrapping so it's not last minute.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Can you imagine wrapping a bike? LOL

I thought I was the only that did stocking stuffers gift from Santa? lol

Quoting MysticLove:

I usually do all at once. I tend to buy through out the year so I wrap after the tree goes up (Santa only brings the stocking stuff here). This year we got them all bikes and so that will have to wait until Christmas eve because I want DH to put them together before they go by the tree.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:37 PM

Good hiding place! Hehehehe

We have small attic in our closet, we stash things up there. I may wrap somethings tonight?

Quoting dragonborn: I wrap as I buy. Haven't started yet though because our tree isn't up. The presents are still in bags and hiding in Daddy's car (we never go in there so they're safe from kids eyes.) Once we put up the tree, I'll wrap what I have and then try to keep up on my wrapping so it's not last minute.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Girl I do at once too. Sometimes I'm wrapping as I get them?

Quoting UCFknight: That would be the smart thing to do!! Lol I am usually a last minute wrapper, & in the past, have forgotten all I've wrapped so I've forced family to open random gifts then I tell them who it's really for!!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:40 PM

LOL DH is a perfectionist wrapper, I'm good enough. But I prefer a gift bag saves times.

Yes a good glass of wine!

Quoting ms_amanda: I usually do the wrapping in 3-4 shifts. Always with a bottle of wine and Christmas music blaring. When the wine is gone or I'm drunk and wrapping becomes too sloppy I stop. (which is typically what happens) lol DH 'helps' but he sucks at it. So, he usually does other things like organizing the stocking stuffers, peeling price tags off of boxes, and wrapping the easier gifts. He also keeps my wine glass full! He's a good man! lol

HisUsmcWifey
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM

I wait until i'm done shopping to wrap. For me it wouldn't make sense to wrap them as I get them because I buy all year round', I have to with two December girls on top of my birthday, my husbands, our anniversary, and Christmas. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)