Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make him miss me with out being b****y?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:25 PM
  • 30 Replies

My hubby has a new job in construction, he has only been there about 4 months. He is a super clingy guy and always wants to talk to me and be with me, on his breaks and lunch he always calls me and spends his time on the phone with me. The problem is he is starting to get crap from the guys, so he says, for always being on the phone and not hanging out with them. He commuts 2 hours away from home every day, leaves at 4am and isnt home until 6:30pm so I cherish this time with him becuase when he gets home its dinner time, get the kids to bed, great ready for work the next day and go to sleep...no time together. I work full time too and would make sure I took my breaks at the same time.

Well, we agreed to not talk anymore on his breaks so he wouldnt get shit, but we would talk before work and after work for a few minutes. Today was the first day we did this, sorta...I called him on his lunch about 10 minutes after it started, I missed him like crazy. I asked how he was and who he was hanging with. He told me no one, everyone was doing their own thing. I said ok, I will let you go and find someone to hang with...but he got defensive like I was upset about it. Though I was a little frustrated, he could have called if he had no one to hang with since the whole point of not talking anymore was so he could network. I didnt act or say how aI felt, I kept it to myself. None the less, he accused me of going back on my word that I wouldnt have a problem with it and I assured him that was not the case though I was confused that if he wanst hanging with guys and he was sitting alone why he wouldnt call and talk anyways? I told him I was fine. Then he went on about how he wanted to talk to me since there was no one round....I am so confused...if that was the case why didnt HE call ME, why was he just sitting there alone?

I dont want to be at his beck and call and answer my phone and talk when HE wants to if this is how its going to play out. I figured I wont answer his calls at all or tell him I am busy. I know this is going to upset him but I am not at his mercy. I dont want to be a bitch about this but I also was to get the message across that he says he WANTS to talk to be but needs to network...but if he isnt networking shouldnt he spend that time with me and if he isnt why should I make sure I am avialble when he wants me to be?

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My thought is that today could have been a one off and he'll hang out with people tomorrow. I'm a SAHM and I sometimes talk to my husband during the day, sometimes I don't. I don't get angry or upset. Maybe you could find something to do during the day so you're not simply waiting by the phone. Also, him simply being on the phone, knowing he's talking to you, could still lead to him getting shit from the other guys.
Sassy3classy
by Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:11 PM

bump

quinnsmom715
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:11 PM

that sounds pretty unhealthy but im single so what do i know?

Lanie1313
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You want to make him miss you??
Oh hun...just ket the man go to work and go about your day!
Trust me ...if you do than you guus will find that you will both make sure to make the time for eachother once you guys are home together.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 5:56 AM
5 moms liked this

Honestly, you sound like you're twelve. Knock it off. Playing head games, trying to 'make' him feel a certain way? Agreeing that you won't call, then calling him anyway????  He's not a child. You don't need to teach him  a lesson.  Jimminy Crickets!!!!!  How about a simple "Hey, call me at lunch if you wanna talk. If not, no big deal"   ... or... just follow the agreement that you made!!!! 

UCFknight
by Brenda on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:56 AM
I love your candidness Fayanne! I agree it seems like head games.

Quoting Fayanne:

Honestly, you sound like you're twelve. Knock it off. Playing head games, trying to 'make' him feel a certain way? Agreeing that you won't call, then calling him anyway????  He's not a child. You don't need to teach him  a lesson.  Jimminy Crickets!!!!!  How about a simple "Hey, call me at lunch if you wanna talk. If not, no big deal"   ... or... just follow the agreement that you made!!!! 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting UCFknight: I love your candidness Fayanne! I agree it seems like head games.

Quoting Fayanne:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
No its unhealthy. You called it. LOL

Quoting quinnsmom715:

that sounds pretty unhealthy but im single so what do i know?

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Before I reply, may I ask your age?
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
So many things, my husband will not care what others thinks in our relationship. 2nd my husband also commutes 2hrs. away, I'm a SAHM also and yes I cherish the moments when we chat. But he has a job to do and he also enjoys and puts a 110% into it, I'm not getting in the way of that.
He has the luxury of working from home whenever he wants but I still do not bother him.
Find a hobby do not play games, this is adult life.

Quoting Sassy3classy:

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)