Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have exes on your FB page?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:39 AM
  • 33 Replies
I have had a FB page since before me and DH got married. I had my ex from HS on there and maybe 2 other guys I had slept with. We had a conversation about FB, mainly that he had an old page but he noticed I was on mine a lot and inevitably he asked if I had dated any of my FB friends. I said yes but that we did not really talk. But I offered to delete them and he said please do so I did. FF 3 years into our marriage, he decides he is going to start a new page since he could not remember the pw for the old one. One of the first ppl he added was a girl from his hometown. We did not grow up together so I asked if he dated her. He said no. I said oh, you were friends? He said, I added her because she was dating a scumbag back in the day and I wanted to see how their lives turned out. Umm, why? I don't want to harp on it, but I did ask him about it again today (a few days later) and he said, well yeah we dated for like a day in 6th grade. 😑 I told him I thought it was a bad idea to have added her. Not sure what to think. He offered to give me the pw to the page but my first marriage was like that, mo trust, always checking up on each other, and I don't want that again. Thoughts?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous052386
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:40 AM
*no trust
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:00 AM
We don't FB. But if we did, we would. Or have exes as friends.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM
I had one but he deleted me. Don't know why and don't really care. DH doesn't have any of his exes but he does have a lot of girls i don't know on his. Coworkers and past coworkers etc. No one he's really close to. It doesn't bother me. I've got guys he doesn't know coworkers, people I went to school with. It doesn't bother him. We trust each other and if we had an issue with a specific person we'd have no problem removing them.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:57 AM

I had one for a while..but I stopped following him and his page disappeared..I got the thumb with a band-aid on it. He hadn't told his wife he contacted me..it didn't go over well with me. My dh knew, I told him. He never said he was upset about it. Dh shouldn't have been upset, the ex is married and lives in Ohio..like 800 miles from where we live. 

I can see why you're not exactly pleased with him..he lied to you..granted it was 6th grade..but for me..once someone lies like that I doubt any further 'stories'..but that's just me. 

I mean, if you're marriage is strong enough, it should be able to stand up to an 'ex' for 6th grade..it's the initial lie that would bother me more.

ETA: My dh has a friend on his page that he chased and had a crush on for a couple of years before he met me. He went to watch a baseball game at his brother's, while she was in town and she went too. Dh didn't tell me until I found out WELL AFTER the fact. The lie pissed me off more than anything. You wanna meet her, go ahead, don't friggin lie to me about it, YOU made it look seedy. She's still a friend on his FB page, and, no, it doesn't bother me.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:03 AM

Wow... Do either of you trust each other? 

"We dated for a day in 6th grade" She sounds threatening.. better ditch her fast!!!!! 

If you care about your current marriage, don't dwell on what happened in the past and punish your current husband with your ex's stupidity. 

And to answer your question, yes, both my husband and I have ex's on our page. There are some people you date and realize you can only be friends with them. And we all have become awesome friends with families who hang out and enjoy each other's company. 

Manth
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:09 AM
I have an ex on my FB page. Our break-up was amicable - we saw different directions for our lives and they weren't compatible. For one to achieve their dream, the other would live a life they didn't want. So we parted gracefully and stayed friends.

DH knows we used to date. He also knows why we ended things and that there were no 'might have beens' between us so he has no problems with it. We've been married 24 years and the ex has never been an issue.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:55 AM

I'm still of a mind that "ex" = ex husband, not an old boyfriend, especially one from sixth grade.

your post makes you both sound very young and immature. little trust.... way too much suspicion

He wasn't capable of resetting his password?????

I have an "old boyfriend" on my friend's list. It's not an issue. At all.

how about spending less time on FB since he's already noticed you're on a lot

Serenity7
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:56 AM

I don't have a ex

UCFknight
by Brenda on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I get you have been hurt in the past, but are you really worried he may try something with this person? He is being honest offering his pw cause he knows your past.
You may just want to sit and meditate on how different your current spouse is to your ex.

And yes my husband and I both have exes on our Facebook accounts. Heck, his ex girlfriend signed our wedding certificate as a witness! She is a good friend of mine!
awbredux
by Allie on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:17 PM

We got married long before Facebook but both have used it to reconnect with some people, as well as maintain some friendships we had already kept going.  We both have people we dated, both casually and seriously,  now as Facebook friends.   My serious high school boyfriend -- my "first" -- is my Facebook friend and so is his wife.  We've talked a lot at class reunions, and I just love them both.  My husband really likes them, too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)