Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well This Sucks!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:26 AM
  • 5 Replies

I sent a card to my future sister in law telling her how nice it was to meet her last weekend and how nice it would be getting to know her better.  I have been writing a letter to my brother also.  But I didn't have a neutral or manly card so it is just going to be on plain paper.  Plus I had a lot more to say to him, so a simple card wouldn't do. 

I got a text from her tonight, " Hi Jenny, thank you for your card.  That was very sweet of you.  Say hi to your husband.  You are very lucky to have a nice man who treats you right.

I wish I had that kind of luck."

"Your brother and I are not good for each other.  I wish him the best.  He is nice, but we can't be a good couple.  I am sorry.  If you want to hit me, come here and hit."

Now she is Chinese and I don't know what that last bit was about, but I wouldn't beat the hell out of someone for being true to themselves.  Can anyone enlighten me on that?  

I told her that I was sorry to hear that we would not be sisters in law because I really liked her.  But she had to be true to herself and I hoped that we could keep in contact.  She said of course.  

Anyway when I let my husband read the text he was like, "I wish women would quit comparing me to the men they are with or want to have."

I looked at him and said, "That would sound really arrogant if it wasn't true."  Then laughed my butt off.  The think is, this happens a lot. Women see how he treats me and they all want him or someone like him.  I told my best friend about and she said the same thing.  Well if it wasn't true, it would be arrogant!  

I feel bad for my brother and Aping.  I know that my brother loves her, I could tell while they were here.  But I also know what an ass he can be. He is a retired Lt.Col and sometimes he forgets that the whole world is not under his command.  My heart is broken for both of them.  

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:39 AM

That does suck but at least she was smart enough to end it before the "I do."  Divorces are a lot more difficult than break ups.  There is the "cold feet" aspect though during the whole planning part of the wedding being stressful, so I would try and talk to her again to see if it wasnt something that could be worked out.

brittsboys
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:40 AM
Awhh! That sucks! At least its better now then getting married and making each other miserable :)
Glitch202
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:45 AM

They already bought a condo together.  And my dumb-ass brother moved all the stuff from his last wedding into the condo after she asked him not to.  He says he wants to give it to one of his daughters.  Well I say pack the shit up and give it to her.  One is 26 and the other is 34

Quoting brittsboys: Awhh! That sucks! At least its better now then getting married and making each other miserable :)

Glitch202
by Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 2:50 AM

I did talk to her.  My brother can be a controlling ass and he will not get help for is PTSD.  He refuses to admit that he has a problem.  

Quoting MixedCooke:

That does suck but at least she was smart enough to end it before the "I do."  Divorces are a lot more difficult than break ups.  There is the "cold feet" aspect though during the whole planning part of the wedding being stressful, so I would try and talk to her again to see if it wasnt something that could be worked out.

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 6:00 AM

so you post their picture?

anyway, wish her luck. she is wise to see this now, not later.

the comparing thing? meh. At least she knows there are better men out there. Good for her for keeping her standards high and not settling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)