Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you take family vacations? How often do you take a weekend getaway without the kids?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:21 AM
  • 17 Replies

??

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jslpruitt
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 1:30 AM
Twice a year for the family vacations.

Not very often for the weekend getaways w/o kids maybe twice a year also

I should add though family vacations are normally like 2 weeks, one w just me and DH and the other week we have kids plus inlaws
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Every year. It can be time at home or visiting family.

We rarely leave town together. We rather have the house alone. So my Dad or sister will take the girls for a night or long week. Last time we did that was last year for a night.  This year is our 15th Anniversary. We are going to see if hubby's Dad and wife could watch the girls and we will have a long weekend alone in the cities in MN.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:30 AM
We go on family vacation a few times per year..
We have only gone on one trip without the girls. It was 2 years ago for our 20th anniversary. We are going on a European River cruise in 3 years for our 25th without the girls. We would rather go places with the kids than by ourselves.
Momof6.3e3h
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Family one week every summer. This year Chicago since nephew is graduating we planned our trip around that event.

Without kids never have and probably won't until they are grown. Too hard to find childcare for our 3 that we can trust and be able to relax away from them.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:11 AM

Our kids are grown but we always took some vacations without them.  I can count about 10 times we went without them.  

We took a lot of family vacations, but those 10 times were without them.  We usually took 1 to 3 vacations a year with them once they were in school.  We didn't go on many when they were young.  That was grandparent time and we got away.  

K3412
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:12 AM

We try to take a family vacation once a year, usually for about a week. DH and I get away maybe two other times a year for some time without the kids.

Lovemmm
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 5:54 PM
We have pretty much done it yearly. Probably less now that we are going to have a right budget.
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:31 PM
We have family vacations yearly. It's been about 5 years since DH and I had a vacation just the two of us. At that point, our oldest was a year and a half.
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:38 PM
We have gone on 3 family vacations. We own 2 businesses so that makes it really hard. I was able to do things locally with our boys. Now that the boys are grown, my husband and I go away for a weekend a couple times a year. Except last year, we went on a big vacation for our 25th anniversary.
Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:43 PM
Family vacations a few times per year, and weekends without the kids on our anniversary.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)