Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you and your husband meet?

Posted by on May. 3, 2017 at 4:42 AM
  • 92 Replies
3 moms liked this

??

I had a friend in college who told me that her boyfriend's best friend would really like me and while I was over her house, she invited him over.  The thing is, they were so close, she was sitting on his lap and it was an awkward meeting so we really didnt get a chance to really get to know each other and at the time we were both dating other people anyway.  She later told me that he asked her, "where have you been hiding her?"  He and I later ran into each other while in line at a night club.  I was a club rat back in the day and while he was waiting in line, I walked past to the bouncers and was about to be let in when I recognized him from our previous meeting at my friend's house.  Tonight my husband and I was talking about one of his friends who "liked" a picture of our kids on Facebook and he mentioned that was the friend that he was with when we met at the club that night.  Apparently, it was this friend that made them go to that club because my husband had wanted to go to a different club.  He also told me that it was the first time that he had given his telephone number to a girl (normally he just got their number).  We spoke until the sun rose the next day that night (roughly 4 hours after leaving the club).  Who would've thought, 20 years later that we would be married (11 years) with 3 kids! 

by on May. 3, 2017 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvnature
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2017 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this

A mutual friend introduced us, he proposed to me one week later and I said yes and we started planning our wedding for July of that year. I got pregnant about one month after he proposed to me and that did not stop us from continuing our wedding plans. We got married 6 1/2 months after we met and our first child was born 5 1/2 months after our wedding. 

We have been together 29 yrs and will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary this July (2017). Our oldest turned 28 in January 2017 and our youngest turned 26 in April 2017. 

goldpandora
by on May. 3, 2017 at 5:34 AM

I was working in the French Alps at the weekends and in Marseille during the week. He came for a weekend's skiing. My boss asked him to give me a ride back to the city (he wasn't happy about me arriving late on a Sunday night in the station and then having to get a taxi home). 

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2017 at 5:36 AM
We were in a bar and got talking.
He invited me back to his hotel and indeclined, he then phoned me the next morning inviting me out for breakfast
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2017 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

We met at a skating rink when we were 13. We lost touch for a couple of years and then saw each other walking down the hall at school at the end of our sophomore year. We started dating 2 weeks into our junior year..that was almost 26 years ago. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

offrdngal
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2017 at 7:36 AM
We met in high school
juniors.mommy
by Member on May. 3, 2017 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Online. I seen his profile ignored it for a week then thought what the hell he's cute messaged him and told him I thought he was cute 7 months later we were married that was almost 4 years ago
Azure
by Member on May. 3, 2017 at 8:10 AM

Piano lessons when we were very young. He's been my best friend forever and it was love at first sight for me. No one else I'd rather share my life with!

Handsup4
by on May. 3, 2017 at 8:13 AM
At work. It's not very exciting, I know.
nanasue31204
by Member on May. 3, 2017 at 8:16 AM
My parents were really good friends with his sister and BIL. We were 16/17 and he was visiting his sister for the summer. She thought we would get along and it would get him off her couch so she introduced us. Our first date we missed curfew because we were talking for hours lol, when I finally went inside my mom was waiting up and I told her I was going to marry him. She laughed at me but I knew, he says he knew right away too. That was it for both of us, we never dated anyone else, kept in touch long distance until he graduated a year later. He moved to Florida, from Massachusetts, after graduation and we've never been apart more than a few days in 18 years. Married 13 years, 3 boys, 1 girl and another girl on the way, more in love every day! We are truly soul mates, as sappy as that sounds❤️
cupcake_mom
by Member on May. 3, 2017 at 8:29 AM
He was dating my friend at the time. She introduced us. We all hung out almost every day. When they broke up we stayed friends. We moved on and starting other ppl. Then when i finally left my abusive ex and he left his shitty relationship we started hanging out and talking as much as we could (he was in md and me in va) and 8 years later here we are still together. (And before anyone asks, no i.didn't steal him from her. They only dated for a few months and never had sex so no "sloppy seconds")
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)