Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What about your relationship changed after marriage?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:08 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
Was it for the better, or worse? Do you wish you hadn't married knowing what you do now?
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:46 AM

He became more of an anti-social homebody.  Eh, I think its just a matter of finding work and life balance.  Im not going to romanticize my marriage that it is everything that I wish it would be.  I will say that the grass isnt always greener on the other side and every relationship will have its issues and its how you are able to move pass them that makes the difference in a happy or unhappy marriage.

sweetpeasgirl12
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:08 AM
It didn't
lpn54
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:49 AM
He s still romantic after all these yrs not the flowers and candy type with actions I wish he had more energy but at 65 I can only expect so much would i marry him again knowing what I know?why not we all change after we get married andget older some is good some not so much but that s part of the vows you take when getting married good times and bad I think it goes with the territory not everything can be rosy all the time life has bumps hill's and valleys just go with the flow that s what we 've done i think life with my husband would be boring
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I am happily married after nearly 33 years.  IF not I would have divorced long ago.  

Serenity7
by on Aug. 6, 2017 at 4:36 PM

I am happily married

stargazerwolf
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 12:56 AM

We've only been married for almost 3 weeks ;) so far no changes lol. I was married before though, and yes, he did change after marriage. Mostly I was pregnant when we married and he started treating me like crap, after I had our daughter it got even worse. I think all of it was us being to young and dumb, we married too fast and I wished we hadn't. We did not mess together well and I had not been on my own in life as an adult long enough to even know what I needed or wanted out of life.

My new husband, we have been together almost 3 years. Lived together for a year. I am almost 30, he just turned 33. We have gone through a lot in life already, we grew up and became functioning adults, we were pretty established in life before we met, but more importantly in basically the same phase of life. I think it helped that we were both ready for a significant other in all the right ways, as well as we just mesh well together and can be very similar. He also has been great with my kids and is really handling this stepparent thing well. We have great communication and he is like my best friend, plus we have a great sex life. Sure there are disagreements here and there, how would there not be? But we are really good together. I couldn't ask for a better husband. 

I probably am not who this was targeted at beings we haven't been married for long at all, but really its more about how long the relationship has been. And living together now for over a year is a big determining factor in how a relationship is, which is why we said we wanted to live together at least a year before marrying. I'm sure there will be some changes throughout the years, but I have never been in this great of a relationship.

mrsladyo
by Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 3:12 AM
Oddly he stopped being a dick. But now that part is arriving again.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 3:55 AM

I don't know, because we didn't live together before getting married. I remember adjusting to living with him. 

Mrs_Sweet
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing changed after marriage; it was after we had our first child that our lives really changed.
B3autifulCha0s
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2017 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this
He stopped courting me...opening doors, flowers, going out of his way to do this special for me, that kind of stuff. He's gotten to be lazy and complacent at home since we decided I should be a SAHM. He seems to think his only responsibility is to bring home to bacon.

It makes me mad but no, I don't wish I hadn't married him. Even with his faults I choose to love him every day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)