Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is better at handling stressful situations, you or your SO?

Posted by   + Show Post

Who is more high strung?  Who makes "mountains out of mole hills?" 

by on Sep. 7, 2017 at 4:24 AM
Replies (31-39):
SpiritedWitch
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2017 at 4:45 PM

We are both pretty good but I think I am a little better. When our son died, I talked to the EMTs, the nurses, family, I made the phone calls, I did the CPR ... he handle his mom. 

Another example ... when his grandma died, it was so stressful for him and he had such a migraine that he had a seizure. Everyone freaked out and before I could stop them, they called an ambulance. Then the idiots wouldn't let me drive. I had several people apologize to me afterwards ... "You were the only one not freaking out. You were the calmest one here."

JkBrauer
by Member on Nov. 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM

My husband is the worrier in our family. However, he how comes a long way, he does not worry as much as he did when we first got married. Today, I do have to say he was a nervous wreck. Bright and early at 4 am we headed to the airport with a couple other friends, he and them were heading off to a missions trip for ten days out of the country. We stood in the airport with our husbands and prayed for them before they left and and it was amazing how much he calmed now and found peace.

What a blessing my husband is; worrier and all!                                    blowing kisses

atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 3:12 PM
I am easily but he would never admit it.
Rumbagal
by on Nov. 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM

my husband by far!  He is the one that keeps me grounded.

rainiebelle
by Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 5:36 PM
I have answered this before but our dynamics have changed a bit. I have been the more OK this will pass and let most of it roll off my back. Dh has been the one stressing so bad that he is not sleeping and making himself sick. I finally got him to see what he is doing and is going to bed at a decent time but I know he is still stressing.
Aoife_Of_2
by Member on Nov. 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM
I have BPD so most likely me. Lol SO is always in a Zen mode no matter what is going on.
iamcafemom83
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM
I make mountains out of molehills, totally admit it. But, I am cool in actual emergencies while my husband freaks the fuck out. (For instance--when our son got hurt my husband got so worried he wouldn't calm down to assess him).

And he brings me down when take something the wrong way.
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Nov. 19, 2017 at 3:17 PM
I handle it a lot better.
jws120567
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Depends on the situation really.  I can tell you this much, we work really well together.  Whichever one of us is doing the stressing and freaking, the other maintains a cool, level head.  We've both been each other's voice of reason, and we both appreciate that aspect in each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)