Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When it comes to having pets, are you both on the same page??

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2017 at 6:33 PM
  • 64 Replies
Both animal lovers or opposites? How do you come to a compromise?
by on Oct. 25, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rlmori2010
by Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Yup we both love animals. He was a complete cat person and I am a dog person. We had both for awhile now all we have are dogs.
hotmama404
by on Oct. 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM
We both want them. We both refuse to get them. We have 3 "animals" already that we will never get rid of. Lol! Once they've grown and move out, maybe.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 7:28 PM

pretty much.

Sassym0m24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 7:58 PM
I developed sudden and severe allergies, so now we are on the same page.O.o
K3412
by Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 8:00 PM
He's more of a pet fan than I am. We compromised by not getting a pet, haha.
M4LG5
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm no longer married but our interest in a dog was interesting!

While we were married, he kept saying we should get a dog.  I wanted a dog but I wanted to feel sure that we would be able to care for it because we were so busy.  As soon as he would say "yes" he would then say "no".  So, he was never really fully on-board.  Whenever he said "yes", he wanted to get a bigger dog.....a labrador.  I wanted a smaller dog because....1) we had a small house and 2) smaller poop.  Seriously.  hahaha

So, when we got divorced, he got his labrador dog as a puppy....and then it grew...and he still hasn't trained him.  His backyard is, apparently, all jacked up because of the dog so he didn't plan for it much.  He also got it during the school year instead of waiting for the summer when he is off in order to train him.

I ended up waiting until the summer because the kids have off and I would be taking some time off.  I got a small dog.....a rescue that was 5 years old....already trained and already calm.  haha

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 8:09 PM

We're both animal lovers. We have 6 dogs, 5 cats, 4 horses, a pony, a donkey, 2 guinea pigs, a ferret, and a fish tank. We discuss house animals before we bring them home but as for the horses, he leaves that up to me.

Element5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2017 at 7:07 AM
My hubby is a germaphobe .. so we only have 5 pets! Lol ( 3 dogs and 2 cats)

I started slow... when we got together I had an older dog, than took in a shelter cat, than my puppy had to be put to sleep and for hubbys bday I bough him a puppy.. than another cat saved, another puppy for my son and a puppy for me! Lol

I know my hubby he is on the flexible side! Lol
halleys_mommy_1
by Member on Oct. 26, 2017 at 7:19 AM
He says no more pets.
I say "look at this cute *whatever*"
He says "im not taking care of it. That's your animal"
As he snuggles it and talks in baby voices and plays w them.

We're on the same page he just trys to be tough lol.

This is our latest no more amimal animal. But she found us so.... I didn't set out to get her? Lol
sickpupmom
by on Oct. 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like us. Our fourth kitty just found us. I think he wanted to keep her as bad as the kids. Guess who wakes me up every morning at 4am licking my face?!

Quoting halleys_mommy_1: He says no more pets.
I say "look at this cute *whatever*"
He says "im not taking care of it. That's your animal"
As he snuggles it and talks in baby voices and plays w them.

We're on the same page he just trys to be tough lol.

This is our latest no more amimal animal. But she found us so.... I didn't set out to get her? Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)