Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone marry a narcissist ?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:20 AM
  • 19 Replies
How long have you been married? What does he do that causes you to believe he might be a narcissist? Are you planning on leaving?
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this
11 years. When he cared more about his sleep than our newborn...
Mama2myBaBiEs
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:57 AM
Yes!! I hear you on that one, for sure!!

Quoting MixedCooke: 11 years. When he cared more about his sleep than our newborn...
MotherOF5Cuties
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Not married to one but living with one for a long time now. Thank God the kids and I are leaving finally. It's always someone else's fault never his.selfish as hell ECT.
Mama2myBaBiEs
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I’m so sorry:( it’s hard to get away... they’ll usually magically become changed men who see the error in their way and love you so much once you manage to get out ugh! Be careful and don’t believe him!!

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties: Not married to one but living with one for a long time now. Thank God the kids and I are leaving finally. It's always someone else's fault never his.selfish as hell ECT.
MotherOF5Cuties
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 5:33 AM
Oh I know. Learned my lesson

Quoting Mama2myBaBiEs: I’m so sorry:( it’s hard to get away... they’ll usually magically become changed men who see the error in their way and love you so much once you manage to get out ugh! Be careful and don’t believe him!!

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties: Not married to one but living with one for a long time now. Thank God the kids and I are leaving finally. It's always someone else's fault never his.selfish as hell ECT.
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:49 AM
2 moms liked this
I was, for 7 years. How did I know: everyone was out to "get him"; nothing was ever his fault - always blamed others for his screw-ups; nothing was done out the "kindness of his heart" - if he "volunteered to pay for anything or buy a gift for anyone...the recipient would eventually "owe him" because "I paid for..." or "I bought xxx for you/them".
I could go on, but I don't have all day.
Beautiful_Soul
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes I learned the hard way that with my 2nd husband. A Narcissist is a person who is in love with himself, he can't see past his nose. If you're married to one you might as well be married to yourself because they put themselves first & do not give a care about anyone.
Everything is about him & if you make the subject about you he will turn the subject right back to himself, his goals and dreams. If you do not stroke his ego & complement him he will get angry. If you tell a narcissist "You hurt my feelings." He will flip it around & bring up something that you did to get the subject off of him & make you feel bad. Also they HATE being confronted, they will walk out of the conversation.
A Narcissist value themselves and think that they are better than everyone else. They will manipulate you, black mail you, confuse you & isolate you. Once I said "I don't love you." Just to test him. His responds? "I don't care if you don't love me because I love myself & that's all that matters." That's how I knew he was a narcissist.
midjet117
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Um no. Still in my first marriage. Going very sucessful.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

divorced after 27 years

nothing was ever his fault

I never once, ever heard a sincere apology from him. I remember once, the sink in the girl's bathroom was really draining slowly, and I asked him to work on it. That was probably 20 years ago, and I can remember, to this day, him looking at me and saying "What's in it for me?"

he acted like a grown man-child. Go to the Divorced and Starting Over group.. there's a sticky there for Narcissistic personalities.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

Mama2myBaBiEs
by Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM
Ugh, are they all lazy man children!!😂 I’ll do that! Thank you!!

Quoting Fayanne:

divorced after 27 years

nothing was every his fault

I never once, ever heard a sincere apology from him. I remember once, the sink in the girl's bathroom was really draining slowly, and I asked him to work on it. That was probably 20 years ago, and I can remember, to this day, him looking at me and saying "What's in it for me?"

he acted like a grown man-child. Go to the Divorced and Starting Over group.. there's a sticky there for Narcissistic personalities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)