Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you go out without your spouse (Girls' Night Out)?

Posted by   + Show Post

Often, sometimes or rarely?

by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:36 AM
Replies (31-37):
Valentina327
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 3:28 PM
LMAO
That reminded me of something my mother would have said after my dad retired.

When asked how long they were married she'd answer with "25 loooooong years".

Thanx for the chuckle!

Quoting atlmom2: Ad much as I can. Dh is retired.
S.M.ile
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 5:01 PM
Usually once per week for a happy hour after work.
A brunch with the girls about once per month and everything else is occasional - birthdays, Christmas.
I also do girls trips once or twice per year.
atlmom2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Valentina327: LMAO
That reminded me of something my mother would have said after my dad retired.

When asked how long they were married she'd answer with "25 loooooong years".

Thanx for the chuckle!

Quoting atlmom2: Ad much as I can. Dh is retired.

Lol. Married 33 years and dh worked 80 hr weeks or more most of the time.
poppys_mommy
by Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 11:43 AM

No real reason.  He says he will.  However, every time I get the opportunity for a kids-free event, something comes up and it's too last minute to get someone to watch the kids.  It will be something that he believes is valid so I shouldn't be mad.  I still feel upset and have no idea if it's actually the most important thing ever, but I feel like I should be valued and respected and the last-minute bail never feels that way.  He thinks I'm overreacting.  

At this point, it'd be so much work to plan and coordinate and have a back up plan etc, it's not really worth it.  So I'll just hang with friends and our assorted kids.

Quoting TommyAbby: Why won't he watch them so you can go out to lunch with your girlfriends?
Quoting poppys_mommy:

Never.

Well, one.  But I took my kid.  My daughter was 10 mo old, but at the last minute dh decided it wasn't worth coming home early from work (he absolutely could have) so I took her with me.  I didn't stay long because I felt like this was silly to have a kid walking around and needing attention when the ladies wanted adult time.  They were all very nice about it, but still silly.  For one reason or another, I haven't made it to another.  My dd will be 9 next month.  

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 30, 2017 at 1:21 PM

F*ck that.. 

He's a parent as much as you are.

Next time, plan and then just go. Even if you go somewhere on your own like Target. Leave the kids with him and let him plan the sitter if he needs it. 

I could not fathom being treated like that.  

Quoting poppys_mommy:

No real reason.  He says he will.  However, every time I get the opportunity for a kids-free event, something comes up and it's too last minute to get someone to watch the kids.  It will be something that he believes is valid so I shouldn't be mad.  I still feel upset and have no idea if it's actually the most important thing ever, but I feel like I should be valued and respected and the last-minute bail never feels that way.  He thinks I'm overreacting.  

At this point, it'd be so much work to plan and coordinate and have a back up plan etc, it's not really worth it.  So I'll just hang with friends and our assorted kids.

Quoting TommyAbby: Why won't he watch them so you can go out to lunch with your girlfriends?
Quoting poppys_mommy:

Never.

Well, one.  But I took my kid.  My daughter was 10 mo old, but at the last minute dh decided it wasn't worth coming home early from work (he absolutely could have) so I took her with me.  I didn't stay long because I felt like this was silly to have a kid walking around and needing attention when the ladies wanted adult time.  They were all very nice about it, but still silly.  For one reason or another, I haven't made it to another.  My dd will be 9 next month.  

Fabulous24
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 1:00 PM
At least once a more. Sometimes more. It depends on what’s going.
MysticLove
by Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 1:03 PM

We've been married just over a year and I went out once without him. It was a Trace Adkins concert with my BFF of almost 20 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)