Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I hurt his feelings

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2017 at 4:30 PM
  • 3 Replies
I had to have surgery the other week. It wasn't an emergency but I still needed someone there after surgery when I went home. I had figured he would offer to stay with me seeing as we live together but he didn't want to call off work. He works at a diner/bar that his mother owns and it's a family run type business. He said he had to be at work and had to leave as soon as I came out of anesthesia because his mom couldn't work the bar because it was her "nap" time and she had to have her nap or she would be grumpy. So he didn't stay with me after surgery and I was upset about it because I thought we were to that level in our relationship where if one of you is sick and needs help then you just automatically help them out. SO has been hinting around trying to get my ring size and tastes lately. I told him not to propose to me until he viewed me as family and viewed me being hospitalized as more important than pissing his mom off because she missed her nap. Turns out his mom skipped her nap anyways, went to the diner/bar and was blowing up his phone the entire time I was in surgery. Was I too harsh or no?
by on Dec. 19, 2017 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you were too harsh. If it wasn't emergency surgery, he could have made arrangements for that day. That sucks.
lovingladyo4
by Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Not at all - seems to me like you have your priorities in order. Will he be married to you or still cling to his momma?

jws120567
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that was an asshole move on his part.  You had surgery, ffs!  And for the record, even the most dangerous and critical surgery isn't considered emergency if it's scheduled.  Your surgery was still exactly that, surgery, and you needed him.  He chose his mom's nap over your needs, and that's not ok.  Until he gets his priorities straight, I wouldn't marry him.  And bravo to you for telling him that!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)