Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yesterday's celebration

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

New Year's Day is an anniversary in our relationship.  During Christmas of 2000, we had been living together for two years and decided we would get married during 2001.   We had a special dinner New Year's night --  just the two of us after all the holiday stuff had calmed down -- to celebrate.   After dinner, he surprised me by dropping to a knee and offering a formal proposal.  It was beautiful.   I started to cry almost immediately, and was sobbing uncontrollably by the end.  

We note this each year and have shared the memory with our daughters.   We talked about it a lot last night at dinner.   Our younger daughter, who is about to turn 13, mainly rolled her eyes, but I saw the 16-year-old brush away a tear!  

by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ditzyblondemom
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, that is special and a great memory. 

JkBrauer
by Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe! How special! It is so wonderful that you have involved your daughters in the celebration as well. What a great example to set before them!

What a good time to have your aniverary on, you get to start a fresh new chapter of your lives together each year!...Happy anniverary and Happy New Year!

groombride

UCFknight
by Brenda on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this
What a sweet proposal!!
B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That’s sweet. :)

I re-aquatinted with my husband on New Years Day at 12:30am 2007. That’s the day we started seeing eachother. So its a milestone for us too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)