Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your husband ever called you this?

Posted by   + Show Post

Has your husband ever called you a piece of shit?

Well mine has...for the second time now.  We will be having an argument about something or he'll get mad and walk away and say "you piece of shit"...God just typing the words makes me start crying.  Then this morning it was "fuck you."  Before you all tell me I'm married to an abuser, etc. (because that's exactly what I would be telling you) let me say that he's really not.  He's the President of a company and has a lot of stress - no it's  not an excuse.  We have 2 teenagers, a 5 year old, a brand new house, aging parents, etc.  We've been married 20 years.  I quit my career when the teenagers were born so I could raise our children - it was a joint decision and probably the worst one I ever made.  I truly believe that in his eyes I have less value because I don't have a career.  I do work from home and try to get 20 hrs a week in but it's difficult and he is not much help.  I could go on and on but I won't.  

He apologized for the piece of shit remark and I forgive him, but I will admit I'm having a lot of trouble getting past it.  I am not a piece of shit.  I am a good Mom, a good friend, a community volunteer, a good daughter and I thought a good wife.  

by on Jan. 16, 2018 at 8:35 AM
Replies (31-36):
Sassym0m24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2018 at 12:14 PM
Honestly I'd wonder even with stress,if he has some mental health things going on and stress he's keeping from you combined.

Like,spacifics out of stress, that he is projecting.

Mental health because if he's not abusive by intention then something happened there to make him this way.

Even if you'd made excuses for it because he's private and you love him.
midjet117
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 12:56 PM

I've been called pretty close to it. Obviously you haven't truly forgiven him for what he said and maybe you need to bring  that to his attention. 

bunchofkidstx
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

We argue but he's never called me a piece of shit or anything. We usually get over it and move on.

Mrsfitz0305
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 12:10 AM
Is this new behavior?
mellowdays
by on Feb. 10, 2018 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I would stop talking wait 15 minutes and ask him if he's even aware he called you a piece of shit. And I would shut my mouth, tap my foot with my hands on my hips and wait. Then I would go outside find some dog shit and put it on his dinner plate. Yeah, no. You don't allow any to call you that. Your kids will be doing it next. But don't put it on his plate. But tell him you considered it. If he laughs forgive him but don't forget it. Happens again send him to his mom.
notjstasocermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 7:56 PM
He used to when he was drunk, wasn't the main reason tho i left, i was gone about 6 months and I came back. He doesn't do it anymore. It took drastic measures tho.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)