Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How And When?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:17 AM
  • 23 Replies

How and when did you know he was the one?

I knew instantly he was the one for me.He had everything I wanted in a husband.

He was a good person,a family man,a provider,a professional,sexy and very romantic.I knew he was an excellent catch.I just had to make him mine.

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvnature
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:25 AM

I did not know. 

daisy102601
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:25 AM
Our first date. He told me that his family would have a problem with him dating outside of his race, but that he didn't care because I was too special to miss out on. How do you not love a guy like that? A date turned into a weekend, which turned into a lifetime.
K3412
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:36 AM
About six months in or so, although I don’t remember a “moment.” It took us 5.5 more years to get married.
CalamityJane73
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 12:18 PM

I knew after our first date and saw that he was a gentlemen and was going to treat me with respect. He could have an intellectual convesation with me, but also make me laugh. 

JkBrauer
by Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 2:50 PM

That is really cool! Not many people get that kind of an opprotunity. My first engagement was a flub up! Fortunately, I figured that out before we got married. My second engagement I wanted to make absolutely sure "he was the man for me!"  So I told him about my previous engagement and I wanted t o test our relationship to make sure it was real. I told him I had one semster reaining at colege to get my degree. I was planning on putting my job on hold while I went back for the last semester. I wanted to see how committed his love for me really was. The next four months would really tell me if this was the right man for me. He wrote all kinds of beautiful letters and how things were going back home. He was even the first person to tell me that my lamndlord had taken my house and  re established  another whole family in there because a college was starting to break ground and move into the neighborhood I lived in. He went house hunting for me, so I could have something to move into when I got back in the spring.

The second test he had passed was at graduation time he drove all the way down ( 8hrs.) for the graduation. Then on top of that He had planned a romantice dinner and evening for two, dinner over looking the ocean and a nice evening walk upon the cliffs looking out at sunset glistening down on the ocean water. Where he then re- purposed to me officially with a dozen red roses. It was then that I knew he was the right man for me! This April will be 29 years ago that he purposed to me, then we married in September. 

I could not imagine my life with out him, today.

lpn54
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:45 AM
I didn't know right away we needed to talk get to each other and see if we both wanted the same thing out of our relationship and if we did what were the expectations
emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:23 PM

I have the same thoughts of my husband too.

Bebe11
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 10:59 PM

My husband and I dated for 3 1/2 years.  I knew he was the one when he treated me with love and respect while we were dating.  We have been married for 36 years.  I am glad you found the one that God picked for you, too!  

gaylelynne
by Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:46 AM

I "knew" the first time we met. Unfortunately, I didn't recognize that feeling and I married someone else. We stayed friends for 20 yrs, and a few months after our divorces, we started dating each other. He's definitely my soul mate!

Rlmori2010
by Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:03 AM
I knew he was the one after I had moved to Hawaii.. I just couldn’t get how I felt about him out of my head. I felt like moving was a bad idea and ended up moving back a month later.

Quoting MomTiara19:

How and when did you know he was the one?

I knew instantly he was the one for me.He had everything I wanted in a husband.

He was a good person,a family man,a provider,a professional,sexy and very romantic.I knew he was an excellent catch.I just had to make him mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)