Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it hard for you to move past an argument?

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you able to let things go easily or does it bother you for a while after getting into an argument?

by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 5:05 AM
Replies (11-14):
Sassym0m24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2018 at 12:18 PM
I need time to process before coming to discuss solutions.
midjet117
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 12:36 PM

depends on what was said. It's usually the crap that he says which has nothing to do with why we are arguing that I get hung up on. Our last argument was over money. The fuel pump for our truck broke down. It cost $150.00 to replace. We also needed food. We didn't have enough for both. I bought food and let the pump for the truck go by the wayside. He threw a fit because he didn't want me walking to work. We live on a main road which most is 30 mph and a quarter mile in the 55mph zone. I'm only 2 miles away. It's ok, I need the exercise and I don't mind it. I could let his anger go if it was only that but then he drug in that I don't ever listen to him and it doesn't matter what he says and if the shoe was on the other foot I would have flipped out on him and blah blah blah. That's what I get hung up on. At this point i've decided the next argument I'm going to call him out on him claiming I never listen to him because it ONLY comes out when we argue. Like guy it's been 13 years, if that's how you truly felt, don't you think you would have tried to figue out a different way of getting my attention to listen to you by now? It's not me it's you buddy. lol

c8ln
by Member on Feb. 1, 2018 at 3:21 PM

We don't have a lot of real arguments and then usually they aren't too serious.  So I'm OK pretty quickly.  After a rare serious one, I need a little time to feel bad, but then it's over and we move on. 

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Feb. 1, 2018 at 3:28 PM

We rarely argue.  I mean we go years without arguing.  When we do, sometimes it takes a few days for us to cool off.  We just kind of keep our distance until we can talk calmly about the issue or apologize for being an ass.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)