Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does DH help around house?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2018 at 7:21 AM
  • 27 Replies

I like most woman work outside of the home.  (45 hour work week/2 hour commute per day).

How much does your DH help around the house?  What does he do or not do?

by on Feb. 10, 2018 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:13 AM
Yeah. He mostly helps with Laundry and dishes and just picking up the random toys. It's a big help for me though. I'm a sahm, so I'm doing those things constantly.
MonarchMom22
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:21 AM

DH does most of the housework, he always has. For many years I worked outside the home while he was self-employeed.  He knew when he met me that I wasn't that interested in housework - I don't mind cooking, shopping, etc, but I'm not much for cleaning.  He took that over from the start since he always kept his own home cleanand did all his own laundry before we met. He was just happy I would cook half the time!

MrsRobinson06
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:25 AM
When I worked, we divided the chores. Currently I am a sahm so I do 90% of the chores. A couple months ago, dh totaled his car and I now have to drive him to work and back so he does the dishes when he gets home because I don't have time to do them before. I have never had an issue getting him to do any chores.
jad1027
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You and DH sound like DH and I LOL.  I hate to cook, so my DH does most of it. (If he doesn't cook then my Mom does, since she lives downstairs).  I don't mind the cleanng and wash, take care of the bills.  For us it works.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

DH does most of the housework, he always has. For many years I worked outside the home while he was self-employeed.  He knew when he met me that I wasn't that interested in housework - I don't mind cooking, shopping, etc, but I'm not much for cleaning.  He took that over from the start since he always kept his own home cleanand did all his own laundry before we met. He was just happy I would cook half the time!

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:26 AM

I worked at home doing home daycare. Dh worked outside the home. I did whatever I could and he pitched in on weekends. I will be honest and say I kind of had to teach him. He saw that their was no clutter or stuff left out and just assumed it was clean. I made up a list of what WE should try to do daily, weekly, monthly.  That's when we got in the groove of keeping our home company ready. Then we both switched jobs. I worked PT and he worked 3/4 long  days per week. He does anything and everything on his 3 days off except cook. He does laundry, floors, scrubs down the baths,  he is awesome at cleaning out junk drawers !

c8ln
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:37 AM

He does a lot of the laundry, helps me clean up after dinner on week nights, does most of the cooking on weekends, does a lot of the vacuuming.   We try to work together around our work schedules, including child care.  I go to work earlier, so he takes our dd to school.  I get off first, and at the same time every day, so I pick her up and start dinner when we get  home. 

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 8:41 AM

when I was married.... he mowed the lawn. Sometimes.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 11:28 AM

My husband cooks, dishes, laundry and assitsts me with transfers ( I use a wheelchair).

K3412
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 11:28 AM
He does just as much as I do, sometimes more.
MysticLove
by Member on Feb. 10, 2018 at 3:17 PM

I am a SAHM, DH keeps the garage clean. Everything else I do. When I was working it was like this as well, but I was only part time and he is full time. If we were both full time I would hope that he would help out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)