Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marriage is wonderful but..

Posted by   + Show Post

Being married is wonderful, but we all know it has it's challenges...

How long have you and DH been married and what has been your biggest hurdle over the years??

by on Feb. 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM
Replies (31-31):
by on Mar. 5, 2018 at 10:24 AM
Thanks for helping me to think about this. Marriage can be so wonderful but I think that sometimes we have romantic pictures in our minds about what marriage should be and actually miss the blessings because we are so focused on the "perfect picture." Marriage takes a lot of work to maintain. It is not a maintenance-free operation. The results are worth it.
My DH and I have been married for 54 years. We had at least 25 great years in that time. When we get off track we look back and realize that our best years were when God was the head, my husband took his rightful place in God's plan as the man of the household/marriage and I took my rightful place/duty as a wife. Marriage really does work best as a triangle.
The closer we both got to God and following His plan for marriage the better the whole thing worked.  Our pictures of marriage were so far apart that only God could reconcile them. We both came with lots of baggage that needed to be unloaded and often we weren't really willing to admit the problem, much less seek the right help to unload.
We both had a lot to learn about proper boundaries, responsibilities and then the children came and kept coming and while we were simply trying to keep up so much hurt and garbage accumulated. It literally took an act of the God of the universe to help us thru. Thanks to Father God, we all not only survived but thrived and our children (5) are all reasonably sane people, who have turned out rather well, in spite of their parents. We just thank God for the prayers of those who knew we needed help when we didn't have a clue.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)