Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couples counseling.....

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:25 AM
  • 18 Replies

Has anyone and their DH gone to couples counseling over the years? 

Did it help?  Mind sharing your experience?

by on Feb. 17, 2018 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 9:31 AM

WE went it was awful for us. My husband woud not open up. WE both left crying and hating it. We figured things out on our own and have been married 35 years. 

I'm not saying don't go. Im saying if people dont talk or open up I dont think it can work.

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:16 AM
I know it does work but for my parents, it was horrible. My mother swore the therapist was on my father's side but she was VERY stuck in her ways and I'm sure she was wanting the therapist to agree that he needed to change and got pissed when he didn't. I also think they were done so nothing would have helped.
K3412
by Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes we’ve been. It was amazing and helped tons.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2018 at 4:22 PM

I /we did.

long story... I'll come back and write it all out some other time.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 2:25 AM

It can be very helpful, and you want to be able to say that you tried everything!

emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM

We are in counseling now. I have noticed some calming down between both of us.  We will see how we are by the end of the year.  It takes time.  We still are doing great it is just communication issues we have.

rainiebelle
by Member on Feb. 18, 2018 at 10:01 AM
My ex husband and I were in couples therapy. I thought it was helping our therapist thought things were going well. Little did we know the he was not being honest. Instead he was doing the most disturbing, disgusting, hurtful thing behind my back. That is what lead to the divorce and him to prison.
Now with that said if both parties come to it truthfully I believe it helps.
Murillodiva43
by Member on Feb. 19, 2018 at 2:32 PM
We have tried it but things still aren't great...
lovingladyo4
by Member on Mar. 4, 2018 at 10:11 AM

What decides any outcome from counseling is this - does the couple want to get better or do they feel they have to get better? It's usually one spouse who feels they've gone astray and either doesn't want to get back to where they should be or, they're being coerced to save their face. It could go either way. It's an issue of what is inside their hearts.

minnabird
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 2:29 PM
We've been several times and still not good, but I just continue to stay :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)