Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abuse

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
Shall i tell my soon-to-be EX BF’s family the real reason i am ending our relationship?? After 8 years together, he hit me on my face (no swelling or bruising) for the very first time. I am still in shock! He is probably going to give them another excuse.
by on Feb. 26, 2018 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Member on Feb. 26, 2018 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn’t even bother with it. Don’t invite in any more drama or interaction with any of them. Who cares what he says. Just move on and never ever look back.
Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2018 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

nope. None of their business. Not your place to worry about it.

I'm sure exdh filled his family's ears with crap. I don't care.

You'll only invite more drama.

none of their business.

kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2018 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No. If they want to know your side of it they will ask you. 

What you need to do is focus on moving on with your life.

Helena99
by Member on Feb. 27, 2018 at 5:56 PM
Sadly, i am still in denial. It’s really hard letting go after all these years. There have been a lot more good than bad and that is why it’s hard.
olliesmommy2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2018 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
You do not owe them an explanation.

Why would you even think you need to give them one?
Helena99
by Member on Feb. 27, 2018 at 6:41 PM
Sadly, i am still in denial. It’s really hard letting go after all these years. There have been a lot more good than bad and that is why it’s hard.
kika.fleur
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2018 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It's always hard. If he's a habitual excuse giver, it's not going to change. He's not going to change, either, unless he puts in a lot of work and a lot of will. He's got to prove to you that he's changed, and that doesn't take one or two months. It'll take about a year at the very least.

Quoting Helena99: Sadly, i am still in denial. It’s really hard letting go after all these years. There have been a lot more good than bad and that is why it’s hard.

Summer118
by on Feb. 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM

I was married to an abuser for eight years. I never told any of his family members, but when we separated, they called me and asked if he had hurt us. It is possible that his family already knows that he has issues. At this point I don't see what could be gained by you going to tell them. If they ask, I would be honest, but I wouldn't go to them with that. Eight years is a long time and change is not easy. I'm sure you are in shock and have a lot of conflicting emotions. I would suggest that you get a notebook and start writing down all of your thoughts. I do that and it really helps to clear my head and put things into perspective. It would also be good if you could talk to a counselor or minister who could help you navigate this.

midjet117
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2018 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

no. I wouldn't. Ovbiously he's not the abusive type otherwise he would have hit you a ton more in 8 years. I'm thinking you 2 should talk this one out before you just walk away from such a long relationship.  Unless there's more going on and that hit to the face was just the straw that broke the camels back. 

Katie6586
by on Mar. 1, 2018 at 10:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, they probably won't beleive you or they'll be supportive of him. You can tell them, but don't expect support or comfort from them. Sorry he did that to you. Glad you are leaving!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)