Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is the one thing or things that you pay full price for with out thinking twice?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have to say that I pay full price for underwear for DH, DDs and myself, also shoes for DH he wears size 13 and is really hard to find his size at the local thrifts, chicken feed for our hens, well can not find coupons for that, I think that is it, what about you guys?

I am earning Amazon gift cards for free!!!! join me and see!!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kifita

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amy127
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Cofee creamer. I love a coupon but not having one isn't going to stop me from buying it when I'm low or out. And like you mentioned necessities like socks and undies, don't have to be on sale for me to buy them. Although kmart usually has bogo half off so we try to buy them there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM

You know, I've been frugal for so long that even if I have to pay full price for something I'll still look for the cheapest full price and try to wait for a sale if I can.  It's like an unconscious evaluation of EVERYTHING.

Okay, if I had to pick one thing that I pay full price for, it would be our dogs' food.  We have one dog that is sensitive to wheat/corn/soy in dog food so we buy Diamond Lamb & Rice.  It's not a cheap food, but it's better than watching my dog be in agony because she scratched herself raw and bleeding due to hives from a reaction to her food. 

ChaoticAtBest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM

this is hard to say, I like to find things on sale, but I will pay full price if I have to. Dog food isn't always on sale so I can't not buy food for them..lol

Mom2Jack04
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Socks, undies, hair dye

ToddlerBrain82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM

This is pretty much how I am. Like, I am particular about my coffee, but I have carefully scrutinized the prices of the coffee in the store, and I currently buy one that is organic, fair trade, and $3.99/lb which is a pretty darn good bargain.

Quoting michiganmom116:

You know, I've been frugal for so long that even if I have to pay full price for something I'll still look for the cheapest full price and try to wait for a sale if I can.  It's like an unconscious evaluation of EVERYTHING.

ToddlerBrain82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM

When I buy milk and coffee creamer, I buy from a local dairy that pledges to not use growth hormone in their cows, so that's something I'll pay full price for.

bjarrett
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I have to agree with the socks , and undies, but I try to get those at TJ Maxx or on sale.....The one thing I won't cheap on for teh kids are winter coats.  BUT, so far I have found AWESOME coats for tehm at garage sales.  I know as they get older it will get harder.  

My husband needed a suit last June and we just choked at buying one.  We found one at a thrift store for 9.99 , it fit him perfect!  And best of all it was on a 50% day.  WooHoo!!!!  I would have gladly paid the 9.99 for it!!!!

But, coats for the kids.  Winter gear. 

bayliesmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:54 AM
My lactose free milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scottsmommie
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I can't think of anything I would pay full price for without trying to find a deal. We don't have any food restrictions and we don't have any pets. The would only pay full price for something if there were no other options. Such as gas because when your car is out of gas there are not always options. I do try to get it with my Kroger card though or at least at the cheapest station.

marlarrie
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Quoting bayliesmommy:

My lactose free milk.

I use to, but lately I've been getting coupons for milk, too...lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)