Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aldi...give me the scoop...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do they take coupons?

Do they have decent produce?

Do I have to bag myself?

Pay for a cart?

I'm thinking of trying it this week, if I can remember where it is...

clockKelly

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM

They have their own store brand.  I'm not sure, but I think it depends on the store if they carry any name brands and will take coupons.

The one I shopped at had decent produce.

They do not bag groceries for you.  If you have bags, take them with you.

25¢ for a cart, you'll get it back when you return it to the proper place.

Barb10
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Our Aldi only sells their brand,they dont take coupons,but the stuff is cheaper than the grocery stores.Yep,u bag your own stuff,I always just grab a box.The produce is ok I guess but sometimes I get home and notice the grapes are growing mold so I really look anymore.I dont get potatoes there cause I only like Idaho and they dont sell that kind. We do about 60% of our shopping there.Some stuff we dont care for,like coffee and spag sauce and a few other things.

mghtymffn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

our aldi jacked thier prices so we just shop at walmart or publix.

ChaoticAtBest
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM

We do not have an aldi near us that I am aware of. good luck!

Mom2Jack04
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Our Aldi's does not take coupons, they very rarely get name brands, but they have a few (such as Uncle Ben's Rice)!

At the majority of the Aldi's in our area the produce is wonderful, though when I lived in another area of the state the produce was not as fresh.

Yes you bag your own groceries and they use the carts that require a quarter to unlock them.

jessicasmom1
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM

our Alid's does not accept coupons

you can bring your own bags, find empty boxes there, or buy their bags you have to bag your own

you put a quarter in the cart slot to unlock the cart when you go through the line the person in front of you leaves their cart  as you leave your cart for the next person they all have quarters  take your cart back relock it  with other carts and it pushes a quarter back out to you.

Our prices are cheaper mostly their own brand. I look closely at produce and meat there.. sometimes I do buy it

RugersMommy06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM

no coupons but they do have a flyer with that week's sale items.

I like the produce-both fruits & veggies

yep-gotta bag yourself, I bring a bunch of canvas bags & a heavy duty plastic one for meat

you put a quarter in for a cart then get it back when you return it.

marylandjoanne
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM

No coupons....ever!!!

The produce at the 2 I use is great! The bananas are green, the oranges are fresh. Selection is so-so. It seems most of the veggies are sold ripe so you have to use or freeze or they get overipe. 

Mine has a ton of name brand stuff but I love their Aldi brand too. Cereals are kick-ass!! I used to take them out of the box but stopped once the kids were hooked :-)

Steph925
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Quoting goorob:

Do they take coupons? not sure about coupon if its name brand then i dont see why not but lots of their stuff is their own brand

Do they have decent produce? i buy produce from there all time and never had a problem with it

Do I have to bag myself? yes you bag your own stuff

Pay for a cart? you put a quarter in the car but you get it back when you take the cart back to the cart corral and put the key back in it

I'm thinking of trying it this week, if I can remember where it is... its raelly worth going i have almost $200 a month going there for my staples but make sure you know prices at other stores around you they may have things cheaper then there

doty family

ToddlerBrain82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Oh my gosh, what IS Aldi and why have I never heard of it before?? I am practically salivating here. Is it bulk shopping??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)