Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

build it your way..

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
If you could build your kitchen the way you want it, would you build it around your stockpile?

I am!!!! lol I am in the process of renovating my WHOLE house starting with the kitchen first. I made sure I have room for cabinets from floor to ceiling (the ceiling is really low like 84")

Due to my stockpile rapidly growing (faster than what I expected) I have to act fast...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommyofDRAYDEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM
Please add pics if you would like..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
his_penguin
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Yes, I would!  All my cabinets are slam packed and it's hard to see what's really in there.   I've asked my dh to add more shelves in the laundry room for my ever growing collection - I will probably never have to buy kleenex and fabric softner ever again! 

I would LOVE to have floor to ceiling cabinets!  We just re-did the kitchen so I'm not brave enough to ask for anything else in there right now, lol.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:54 AM

No, I'd want a kitchen that's open to the rest of the house, not enclosed in cupboards. I'm actually looking to remove cabinets and a wall in the future.  I love to visit while I'm cooking, not be separated from everyone. 

My huge pantry is actually in the utility room just off the kitchen.  Easily accessible, yet not stuffing my kitchen full.  My freezers are in corners in the entry way and family room.  Easy to get to, but not in my way in the kitchen.  My hundreds of quarts of home canned foods are kept in the basement, just a short trip down 12 steps from the kitchen.

mbrackett
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM

you can see here where our old kitchen was.  Yeah lol that was the kitchen!!!  horrible but I made it work!  Even a Utility Sink as my Kitchen sink yay!!!  This is the Living/Kitchen at the time

this was the kids' playroom BUT NOW LOL

This is the Old Playroom now my awesome Kitchen and the livingroom is...

we have added carpet since the pic and got a few new things but I love it!

mommyofDRAYDEN
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM
WOW!!!! it looks great!!!!

We will be laying the tile down this weekend hopefully so I'll try to get pics up on here... we are still in the process of choosing cabinets.

Quoting mbrackett:

you can see here where our old kitchen was.  Yeah lol that was the kitchen!!!  horrible but I made it work!  Even a Utility Sink as my Kitchen sink yay!!!  This is the Living/Kitchen at the time

this was the kids' playroom BUT NOW LOL

This is the Old Playroom now my awesome Kitchen and the livingroom is...

we have added carpet since the pic and got a few new things but I love it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)