Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! QUICK!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 9 Replies

I need ideas.  I had taco soup on the menu for today but we have a funeral tomorrow and I'm not feeding DH anything with beans today.

I have 648 lb. of any cut of beef, all kinds of chicken (cut or whole).  I will be gone this afternoon, visiting with my brother whom I haven't seen for 20 years so I won't have a lot of time to cook (I do have a crock pot).  Whatcha got for ideas for dinner?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goorob
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I was going to say grill out hamburgers but if you're in Michigan it's probably not as nice there as it is here.   Could still make hamburgers for a quick meal since you'll be visiting your brother and will probably want to make a quick dinner...or make a shepards pie, or throw some chicken and bbq sauce in the crock pot and whip up some mashed potatoes.

chrissysnow22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Can you just omit the beans from the recipe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PadmeJonez
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I was gonna say bbq chicken in the crock too.  Shepard's pie is always good and easy also. 

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Quoting goorob:

I was going to say grill out hamburgers but if you're in Michigan it's probably not as nice there as it is here.   Could still make hamburgers for a quick meal since you'll be visiting your brother and will probably want to make a quick dinner...or make a shepards pie, or throw some chicken and bbq sauce in the crock pot and whip up some mashed potatoes.

lol  No grilling yet...we still have snow on the ground and DH isn't THAT diehard. 

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I could, but then it's just tomatoes and corn.  I don't have meat in my taco soup recipe.  If I added meat, it would be more like beanless chili, which would THRILL my DD.  LOL

michiganmom116
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Quoting PadmeJonez:

I was gonna say bbq chicken in the crock too.  Shepard's pie is always good and easy also. 

Chicken's good, don't have ingredients for shepherd's pie.  I'll have to see if I have BBQ sauce.

chrissysnow22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Lol chilli sounds good too.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting chrissysnow22:

I could, but then it's just tomatoes and corn.  I don't have meat in my taco soup recipe.  If I added meat, it would be more like beanless chili, which would THRILL my DD.  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Cream chicken in the crockpot.

eatyourveges
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

beef stew, throw all the stuff in the crock pot and let it do it's thing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)