Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring cleaning

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm really thinking about doing some serious spring cleaning this year.  I've never done it before but we have so much stuff and just not enough space.  I'm going to try to make a plan to tackle a couple rooms each weekend because I will be going through stuff but also be doing some deep cleaning. 

OK so who does spring cleaning? If you do, what do you usually do?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingMommyh00d
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I do it, especially because spring cleaning is when I declutter and organize everything!! I usually start with a checklist of each room of everything that needs to be done.  Then, I plan out when I will do each room/ area.  As I get to each room, I empty all the closets/ drawers and clean it out and then get rid of things I haven't used, and reorganize the closet/ drawer.  I clean each room from ceiling to floor, wash down the walls, clean the windows, clean lighting fixtures.  It takes time but I feel so much better when each room gets done!! 

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I have two rooms left and i am done

MNilsen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Wow now I feel really behind. I think I am going to start in the living room and dining room because they will be easy.  The bedrooms, kitchen, and downstiars/garage are going to be a tough, long job.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

LovingMommyh00d
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:59 PM
Wow that's great! I need the nice weather to come and stay so I can get motivated! MNilsen, don't get overwhelmed. Thats a good idea to get the easier rooms done first, you'll feel accomplished too!

Quoting MNilsen:

Wow now I feel really behind. I think I am going to start in the living room and dining room because they will be easy.  The bedrooms, kitchen, and downstiars/garage are going to be a tough, long job.

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNilsen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Warm weather would really help (and just be plain great overall) but I need to get it done before then. I just realized I have work off on Monday so I may try to do some schoolwork in the morning and tackle one of two rooms in the afternoon. Once the warm weather comes, I need to target the outside of my house.  I'm hoping to get a raised garden made so I can plant a garden.

Quoting LovingMommyh00d:

Wow that's great! I need the nice weather to come and stay so I can get motivated! MNilsen, don't get overwhelmed. Thats a good idea to get the easier rooms done first, you'll feel accomplished too!

Quoting MNilsen:

Quoting tazmidgiefairy:

mbnich0269
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I still have all the bedrooms. oh and the worst part...Blinds:/ 

But I cant stand clutter and a do though cleaning every spring and fall. 

LovingMommyh00d
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Yea I usually do too. And I just painted so I just finished doing a pretty heavy cleaning not too long ago. I might be waiting to do certain rooms until after fall.

Quoting mbnich0269:

I still have all the bedrooms. oh and the worst part...Blinds:/ 

But I cant stand clutter and a do though cleaning every spring and fall. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PadmeJonez
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I'm in the midst of doing this right now.  I'm not that organized a person, so my way is slightly haphazzard, lol!  One room at a time, take everything out that I can, clean from top to bottom and reorganize.  Right now I'm sort of stuck in the den... waiting for my husband and oldest son to get together and move some furniture for me.  AND we've got to get rid of the pool table, it's so in the way it's killing me! 

tblur29
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I spring clean once a year.  Mine usually gets delayed until after tax season.  I wash walls, windows, apply old english to all the woodwork, shampoo carpets, clean out all cupboards, drawers, etc.  it takes a long time but it is well worth it. I pitch things I don't need and make a list of things to stock up on too.

ToddlerBrain82
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I like to start my spring cleaning in the bedrooms, it feels good to air them out after a long winter and get them all fresh and clean. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)