Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pantry Challenge!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm going to try and do a pantry challenge for this month!I'm very nervous since I've never done one before.Anyone wanna join?

Ok my goals for this months challenge...

-Spend no more than $150.00 for the month on groceries

I will be making a list of meals for the rest of the month, then I will make my weekly menus from that.I guess I should be creative!

*Editing my goals, but Im only going to get frappes on Fridays instead of a few a week...and I am only going to stockpile if it's free or a really good deal & we need it.

Week 1-Shopping Trip

Went grocery shopping and spent $66.93

Way more than I wanted to spend, but I got tons of fruits & veggies, milk, bread, and dh got a few things for lunch.I did grab a few quick meal things though, since this will be a busy week I don't want to be tempted by fast food.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovepotato
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I'm going to go with you, and only spend $100 this month. I'm going to try to only buy bread, fruits, veggies, milk and yogurt. I'm totally stocked up on starches, meat, and most other things I need. I'm just going to buy perishables.

lovinmom2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Quoting lovepotato:

I'm going to go with you, and only spend $100 this month. I'm going to try to only buy bread, fruits, veggies, milk and yogurt. I'm totally stocked up on starches, meat, and most other things I need. I'm just going to buy perishables.

Yay!Happy you could join me!!Good Luck :)

rkoloms
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I would buy less meat, and add dried beans and lentils

scorpiostungyou
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I dont have a pantry

Barb10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Im shooting to spend 150 for our fam of 6!! Gonna be tricky cause my kids pack lunches some day for school,but I do have ground meat in the freezer,but about out of everything from bread to chicken and sides  oh and coffee but its on sale for 2/10 so I gotta get 2!!!

michiganmom116
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I have done this before out of necessity and have done it for as little as $26.59 for a month.  You can do it!

Your meal planning will be key.  Were you able to come up with the meals?

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM
I Woah I could do it but the case lot sale just got announced. That when I stock up to cut the corners the next few months. Plus I want a head start over the rising cost of food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmom2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have done this before out of necessity and have done it for as little as $26.59 for a month.  You can do it!

Your meal planning will be key.  Were you able to come up with the meals?

Yes I did, thanks to yall being so helpful!!

I made the Chicken Alfredo tonight that you posted & it was sooooo good..my picky hubs even liked it :) Thank you!

taraniccole
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:09 PM
I would be sooo lost trying to do this! I so need a great teacher!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmom2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Quoting taraniccole:

I would be sooo lost trying to do this! I so need a great teacher!

It's easy to do if you are pretty stocked up on staple food items...do you cook from scratch?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)