Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you scrapbook?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am researching. I would like to know if you scrapbook or make cards? If you do where have you found the best prices? Best quality, etc.

thank you

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mybratsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I do both!  I'm a stampin'up demonstrator, so I often take advantage of my demo discount to supplement my hobby, and then I sell my cards to help with the costs.  Works out really well for me, especially since I usually sell enough cards  to meet my quarterly requirements plus some.  So, I'm partial to our paper and ink.  I'm learning to do hybrid stuff, too, right now (digital work with regular paper and ink) which is a lot of fun because I find I can do a lot more with edited images and still enjoy working with embellishments. 

That being said, I do take advantage of various sales and coupons for BIG BOX stores, and of course the smaller locations that will accept newspaper coupons from the same BIG BOX stores for various odds and ends.

hope5765
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Quoting mybratsmom:

I do both!  I'm a stampin'up demonstrator, so I often take advantage of my demo discount to supplement my hobby, and then I sell my cards to help with the costs.  Works out really well for me, especially since I usually sell enough cards  to meet my quarterly requirements plus some.  So, I'm partial to our paper and ink.  I'm learning to do hybrid stuff, too, right now (digital work with regular paper and ink) which is a lot of fun because I find I can do a lot more with edited images and still enjoy working with embellishments. 

That being said, I do take advantage of various sales and coupons for BIG BOX stores, and of course the smaller locations that will accept newspaper coupons from the same BIG BOX stores for various odds and ends.

I live in the country and it is not always easy to get to the hobby store. I looked into Stampin'up, but just did not want to spend money on catalogs and sales training material that I was not going to use.

Right now I am looking into trying Clubscrap as a monthly member. Have you ever heard of them? I also ordered a few things from Oriental Trading, it was pretty inexpensive so, if I am not happy with it I just won't order again.

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I scrap book

momk23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I scrapbook, and have been for about 10 years now.  I think I have enough supplies to last me another 10.  I live within easy access of Michaels, several specialty scrapbook stores, my neighborhood Creative Memories rep, and there are often scrapbooking expos nearby.  I also used to belong to a monthly scrapbooking kit club (club scrap looks awsome, btw...just checked them out).  I have so much stuff I don't want to do the monthly club anymore.  I have placed a few orders with Out on a Limb Scrapbooking - they basically sell 12 x 12  2 page layouts for $6 to $7 per layout.  Every few months I'll take a look at them online and order a few specialty layouts.

It's a fun hobby, but it can get expensive if you're not careful.

There are also lots of groups on CM where you can get in on swaps.  I belong to one group, but haven't participated in any swaps with them yet.

PS - I have ordered from Oriental Trading and have not been happy with the quality.

sandra1023
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I do both.  I find a lot of good deals on Ebay.  Also, my local scrapbooking store often has sales and has a 70% off room.  They also give you keychains that get punched.  When you fill your keychain, you get a 15.00 gift card.  I also use 40% off coupons at Michael's & Hobby Lobby when I go.  We don't have those stores around here though (closest is 2.5 hrs away), so that also keeps costs down!  lol

sbriesh
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:10 AM
I do - I've converted to 100% digital though. All the products can be reused unlimited times so it can be very inexpensive. Then, I wait until I see a good sale and have each page printed then.
Angelisa67
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I scrapbook. I buy most of my supplies at the dollarama and other such dollar stores. I have the basic equipment from years ago when I started. I choose to be as creative as I can with the most inexpensive supplies I can find. I do alot of my own paper piecing, cut my own border trims and frames. There are tons of ideas online and I find I can get by with just a few embellishments and lots of paper.

*note I rarely buy from stores such as Michaels and NEVER even step into specialty scrapbook stores - they are waaayyyyy too expensive for my frugal budget.

KamsOne
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I used to scrapbook (I was a creative memories consultant for a while) but haven't in a long time.  Really need to get back into it.

Anyway, you can get some good scrapping deals on ebay.  There are some other good websites where you can get cheap stickers and what-not....can't remember the names of the sites.  I'll try to find them and post them here.

Moonwhisper
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I just recently got into scrapbooking, I can see how it can get super expensive.  I go to craft stores and look for their clearance items.  So far I've found quite a few good things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)