Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you make your own baby food, cost effective or to time consuming?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Whats your opinion and if you do what equiptment do you use?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mbrheil
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I made all my baby food with my youngest daughter. The only thing I ever used was a fork to mash food up. That is really all you need. I started her off on bananas and then slowly added more fruit then veggies and meat. I never went out and bought her certain food. She would always eat what we had. If I made veggie soup for supper I would drain a small plate full and then mash it up. Whatever she didn't eat I would put in small containers and freeze. It saved us lots of money and only took a few extra minutes each day.

She is 3 now and will eat anything I put in front of her.  

jamms02
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I did for my daughter. She's 10 now. I did not find it too time comsuming. I really enjoyed it. As an example, i would bake a sweet potato or roast a butternut squash. Let it cool, then throw it in a blender. I usually had to add a bit of water. Puree, then pour in ice cube trays. When they were frozen, I woul throw them in a ziploc. When it was time to eat, we would just take a cube or 2, zap them in the microwave. I did keep a few jars of babyfood for travelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I thought about doing it when I was pregnant with my youngest but my middle daughter didn't ever eat baby food so I decided not to waste my time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM
We make ours. It is cost effective and I like knowing what goes into my ds tummy. It only takes a few mins once I got the hang of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
braysmommy247
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I made my DD's and will make it for my DS as well, I just used a blender or one of those small electric choppers.

Timon6903
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:14 PM
I make ours for my twins... It is very cost effective. I spend less and make more instead of buying things that will only last for one feeding. I use the magic bullet... It blends everything so well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:50 PM

We just mashed whatever fruits and vegetables we were eating, with food grinder or a fork.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)