Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frugalistas Frugalistas

Need Your Advice: Most Unusual Places to Find Coupons

Posted by on May. 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

Calling all moms who love to save money!  Moms everywhere need your help!

When it comes to frugal shopping, it's pretty clear that moms know best!  We want to showcase your best tips and advice saving money and living frugally in our new series of guides called "10 Moms On...." 

Please read the question below and give us your best tips and success stories.  You might be featured as one of our "10 Moms on Couponing Tricks" very soon!

What are the most unusual places to find coupons? What are your favorite off-the-beaten-path coupon sources?

Some pointers for adding your tip:

• Get to the point - fast!  Start off by telling us your main tip or suggestion using a complete sentence.  Then, fill us in on the background info that a mom would need to understand in order to use your tip.
  • When you have a suggestion, please go beyond a one-word answer.  Tell us how you went about your suggestion, how it worked or why it worked.
by on May. 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabearlehman
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I find good manufacturer coupons at gas stations like 7-11. I've found a ton of coupons for $1/1 Juicy Juice and $1 off any ice cream. I just snag a few to take with me and wait til the items go on sale at my regular grocery store. 

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on May. 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Sometimes you can find a coupon or 2 in the USA Weekend little booklet or Parade booklet that comes in the Sunday paper.

specialwingz
by Corey on May. 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Most post offices have recycle bins near the PO boxes.  I've been known to rummage for unwanted coupons in those bins.  You'd be amazed at the deals I've done from recycled coupons!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Magazines have tons of coupons. Parenting has amazon coupons often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Becky
by on May. 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

These are great tips so far. Thank you! Keep them coming!

Serenity75
by on May. 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Facebook! 

jenniferlee_12
by on May. 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM

You can get a change of address packet @ the post office & I know their is a Lowes coupon in there and other stuff.

nmaxwell816
by on May. 13, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I've asked the local convient store to save all the sunday papers that don't get sold on Sunday and pick them up on Monday morning.  Most stores throw them away.  I'll recycle them and keep the coupons.

DomsMama07
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2011 at 7:20 PM
I look for coupons everywhere I go! I've found coupons in grocery carts that people just leave! At a lot of stores coupons print out with your reciept and most people just toss them in the cart! I've even found coupons for free items laying on the ground in store parking lots that people crumple up and toss on the ground!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Coupon fairy left a stack today on the shelf at Walmart. Love when people leave them on the shelf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN