Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Email vs. snail mail

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, in this electronic age, how much do you use snail mail?  Absolutely ALL my bills are paid electronically.  The only things I mail now are my handmade greeting cards!  I just don't feel e-cards are personal enough for me.  LOL.  The last letter I actually WROTE and MAILED was to my grandpa shortly before he died this past Feb.  But, between my besty and me...it's always emails.  Same with everyday family correspondence.  If it's not a phone call, it's an email, with the exception of greeting cards.

How much do YOU really use the USPS these days?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meggs8609
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Thank you cards are always hand written and sent via snail-mail. Pictures of my daughter with notes on what she's up to also go out to her great-grandmothers through snail-mail. And, I send my husband and his friends goodie boxes in the mail (they're Navy and currently 700 miles away). I know I end up at the post office more than most people that I know but I still do most of my communication online.

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 21, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Cards and when people order stuff from me. Everything else is sent electronically.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticAtBest
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I do not mail much out anymore. I prefer to know when my bills are credited right away versus waiting on the mortgage company to receive and post a payment :)

I do pay some things in person too.

I don't e-mail people too much but keep in touch with family via facebook.

andasideof
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Bills are electronic, and I do email.  BUT, I have a tendancy to get distracted and forget to email people back, lol!  So, I'm writing more letters than I did in the past, it seems.  Internet is good for little blips of information, the LONG stuff goes in a letter.  Yeah, I'm kinda backwards.  :)

mommareynolds09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I will avoid USPS as much as I can. They are incredibly unorganized in my town. I moved over a month ago and I have recieved 4 pieces of forwarded mail. The rest -- gone. And no one can answer my questions. No magazines (which I had 3 subscriptions), my husband had to call and get some checks RESENT to him - to his work address - from side jobs he's been doing. Its ridculous. As far as I'm concerned, based off my experience. The USPS will close themselves down!

mariC67
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM

We've been in the same place for over 5 yrs now so no issues with a forwarding address but we have recieved magazines almost a month late with coffee rings on iside pages. We went 'postal' over this and it hasnt happened since.

Quoting mommareynolds09:

I will avoid USPS as much as I can. They are incredibly unorganized in my town. I moved over a month ago and I have recieved 4 pieces of forwarded mail. The rest -- gone. And no one can answer my questions. No magazines (which I had 3 subscriptions), my husband had to call and get some checks RESENT to him - to his work address - from side jobs he's been doing. Its ridculous. As far as I'm concerned, based off my experience. The USPS will close themselves down!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)