Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Watch out for those "SALE" signs!! LOL.

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 2 Replies

I have always used grocery shopping as a lesson for my kids.  It's taught them the value of a $ (somewhat, LOL), how to compare products, how coupons can work for and against them, etc.  This morning's trip was yet another good lesson!  At the end of one of the produce aisles, as you walk in the door, was a huge display of avocados complete with a huge SALE sign that said 5 for $5.  I just stood there and had to laugh.  I told the boys that on Thursday, the very same rather small avocados were in their regular place and priced at .79 each.  They figured out right away that this "sale" was no sale at all!  So, we continued to shop and discuss different marketing plans that make a lot of people think they are getting a great deal.

So, that was their frugal lesson of the day!  LOL.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ChaoticAtBest
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM

lol, nice way to teach them! We try to watch deals too and my kids are great at finding them. We have to teach them as young as possible so they grow up learning new ways to watch for deals =)

teachermama924
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Those are great lessons! I will make it a point to do that with my baby when she's old enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)