Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Matters.....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone here live in a multi-generational home?  Do you have parents or grandparents living with you?  Do you have grown children and/or their spouses and children living with you?  

How do you make it work financially?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on May. 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Not us, we move to often with the military. Hubs family is in ny, my grandma has passed, aunt lives in NM.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brehi
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM

nope, don't think I would like that very much.

ChaoticAtBest
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:36 PM

my mother was living on our property until yesterday when I drove her up to Illinois. Now she will be living with one of her nephews. =)

Now finally after many years of always having someone live on our property it will be just us!

GrandmaSherry
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:15 AM

My grown daughter and her husband have moved in for the summer months.  He is taking some college classes that are only offered nearby.  This fall, they are planning to move to a 4 year university where he will play basketball on a full scholarship.  He has spent the past year getting all the extra requirements he needed to receive the scholarship...so he will be very excited to finally accomplish that.  On top of this, my daughter is expecting their first baby next month!  I'm so excited to be able to have her here so I can be close....and be a part of the experience with her!  Being able to share the baby's first couple of months will be extra special.

There will be some adjustments...and some tough days, I'm sure.  But I think its mostly fun and I think we will do just fine!

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2011 at 2:28 AM

I live with my husband and his mom and step dad I have no clue on how we make it work since they ask me for money all the time

marlarrie
by on May. 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Quoting Brehi:

nope, don't think I would like that very much.

specialwingz
by on May. 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM

My twin boys graduate this weekend.  They will be living here until they figure out what they are going to do.  One is going to go to college locally.  The other is "planning" to go to Univ of MN.  But, the way he is going about it is all wrong.  But, he's not listening to any of us adults.  So, we'll see how that all works out for him.  :-/

mommystiebler
by on May. 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM

We are selling our house and our closing date is the end of next month. We do not report to our next duty station until the end of the year so we will be staying with my parents until then. Not sure how well that will work out. They are trying to buy a different house and we will rent their's until we move, but as of now, their offers have been rejected. Our move will be the first time that I've been out of the general area of my parents so I think my mom will be like you and enjoy getting to have lots of time with her grand babies before we leave. I do plan to have a sit down with my parents before we move in and discuss meals, bills, cleaning, discipline, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)