• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hulu plus

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am have netflix and was wondering has anyone uses hulu plus and what is it like

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chichiwvu
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM
I've been thinking of trying the trial. Two things to keep in mind is hulu only puts out the episodes after the network puts it on their website. So something like abc will be next day, CW is the next week. And they usually only will have the last 6 episodes (though I'm not sure if that is for hulu plus too)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM

thanks

shell3m
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM

we used to use it, but not anymore.  I'm not sure why, hubby just didn't agree with how they changed things.    Have no idea what that means...LOL  :)

MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Sorry, I don't know anything about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kquad
by Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:03 AM

We are doing the trial right now and my oldest is watching it all the time- it seems. He and his brother have quit watching netflix completely.... I'm wondering why we need both. :)

It doesn't have Dr. Who though so we can't eliminate cable completely.

JoGibson
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM

we ditched cable completely and got netflix and hulu plus in its place.  all our favorite shows are there and we save a ton of money.

Mistie
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Quoting kquad:

We are doing the trial right now and my oldest is watching it all the time- it seems. He and his brother have quit watching netflix completely.... I'm wondering why we need both. :)

It doesn't have Dr. Who though so we can't eliminate cable completely.

Doctor Who was the one show that was preventing me from being totally okay wit canceling the cable. But...I have found a few websites that do have it on there so...we will be canceling the cable in the next week or so. Between the Xbox (Netflix and Hulu Plus) and computer...we will be good to go. We will be keeping the internet through the cable company though.

yellow ribbonarmy

kandyjohn
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I use netflix and my family loves ,i heard hula sometimes don't always have the full shows on there even though they post it like they do.But netflix is great and a money saver

kaitybird
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM

There are so many things out there.  

You can check boxee.tv, vuduu and stuff like that there is also projectfreetv.com also.  Do a good search and see what you come up with.  :)  I don't like to pay for too much.  We do rent movies through vuduu it is a bit different than netflix.  The day movies are released in stores you can rent them online and watch them.  :)

Boxee.tv you can watch shows for free!

Hope that helps a bit too.

We don't have cable and don't watch much tv and when we do watch something we usually see whats available on all the free sites first.  We do rent a movie here and there too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)