Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitting

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
A while ago someone asked if you participated in a baby sitting swap. As in you watch someones kids one night and they watch yours another.

Do you swap babysitting?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM
My answer used to be no, I didn't have anyone to swap with, but my friend Gina jus expressed her interest in swapping. :) I'm super excited.

I'm watching Baby Jason tonight and tomorrow she will watch my 4 guys while my husband and I go to the movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I've offered to do that and they took advantage of me.  I'm not eager to do it again.

MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry, I can completely understand you not wanting to do it again. I would never take advantage.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I've offered to do that and they took advantage of me.  I'm not eager to do it again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissysnow22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:19 PM

No I haven't. We are extremely protective of our baby so the only people that have ever babysat for us is my mom,  dh's mom and dad, and my sister once.

chrissysnow22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:19 PM

My sister has a boy 6 weeks older than mine so when they are older we will probably swap.

chichiwvu
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM
I sort if swap with one if my friends. We've never done date nights, but I've watched her toddler for dr appt, and she's watched mine. The girls get to play together, so it works out well! Plus, not dragging a toddler makes appts so much easier, lol.
She used to be our daycare provider, so I trust her completely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoGibson
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:25 PM

no.  most people I have talked to end up watching their kids a few times and they always seem busy when its their turn to babysit.

rkoloms
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:03 PM

When my daughter was younger (she is fifteen), we regularly swapped child care and meals (make one, get three) with two neighbors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)