Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Oh your one of those coupon people"

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I use coupons but Im not extreme or anything with them, just usually save a few bucks a month with them and thats it.  Well yesterday was our monthly, yes monthly, shopping trip to buy almost everything that we need.  Well at Wal-Mart I was checking out and not paying attention to the ladies behind me as I was going through my coupons getting out the ones that I would be using.  Well all I hear is 'oh your one of those coupon people arent you!'  First thought that went through my head was 'um ya I have coupons your point' then I looked at her and she was grinning at me lol We started talking she was actually really nice.  I guess it was nice for her to see a younger adult (24) trying to stretch a buck to get more.

Just thought I would share.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM
Awesome! :) I love seeing fellow couponers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsurprise13
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

me too!

Quoting MomToAnArmyOf3:

theresaphilly
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Quoting MomToAnArmyOf3:

chrissysnow22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Cool! I never see anyone with coupons when i'm out shopping.

ChaoticAtBest
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Quoting MomToAnArmyOf3:

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Quoting MomToAnArmyOf3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fgeith05
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:57 PM

last time i went grocery shopping i saved about 8 bucks... which isnt much but hey thats 8 bucks i wouldnt have otherwise. im 25 by the way. i also ad match things too. that helps

mallowcup17
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:41 PM

thats great!

mamabearlehman
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM

That happened to me this week too. The lady behind me said "Where do you get your coupons?" We started chatting and it turns out that she had just started couponing and was just looking for some pointers. She asked me how much I spent and I said well I saved One hundred and forty-two dollars and spent one thirty-two. She got wide eyed and was like you spent $1.32 for all that? It made me laugh, it was 2 big carts of food. lol. No it was $132. I had to buy meat and milk and produce along with all the other sale stuff for 6 people so I feel I did great. Besides regular food, I got 12 boxes italian ice, 10 pkgs. Fig newtons, 4 boxes of Ritz Crackerfuls and 3 tubs of pudding, plus a whole lot of other stuff. Gotta love those BOGO sales.   :)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)