• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This week was horrible

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:23 PM
  • 10 Replies
Maybe I'm just spoiled by all of the sales we've had, but this week I dreaded shopping, and I really didn't save as much as normal. There just weren't any good sales. I can't wait until a few things come back on sale, I'm totally stocking up better next time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMjonas
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:26 PM
We held off on grocery shopping this past week because there were horrible sales or lack there of. I did score however at WalMart tonight thought so that made me happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Aww, I'm sorry. I hate weeks like that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoGibson
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I had a rough week too ........

chrissysnow22
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Same here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM

awww...sale cycle..sometimes great sometimes not much

Quoting chichiwvu:

Maybe I'm just spoiled by all of the sales we've had, but this week I dreaded shopping, and I really didn't save as much as normal. There just weren't any good sales. I can't wait until a few things come back on sale, I'm totally stocking up better next time!

..................................................................................

Come join me at Serious Coupon Swappers.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

And also at The Park Bench!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/111698

chichiwvu
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Yeah. Since I'm still new I haven't stocked up much yet. This week isn't going to be much different, even with the new coupons. I just have to get expensive stuff like trash bags and meat this week, so to stay in budget I really have to pinch elsewhere.

Quoting aneela:

awww...sale cycle..sometimes great sometimes not much

Quoting chichiwvu:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GrandmaSherry
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Its truly remarkable how much prices are rising!  A 2-liter Coke is $1.89!  Everywhere, the simple things that were 99cents are almost double in price, unless you can find them on sale somewhere....and then the sale is never as good as the regular price was 6 months ago.

I really hate shopping!

dotsicle
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:56 PM

We just got off FS, but DH's job isn't offering real full-time hours/pay so we are realllly struggling. No local stores had sales on things we need, prices have gone up, and the coupons I found weren't too useful for our family. I feel depressed about not being able to buy the food we need right now, and we have gone through our stockpiles (except coffee, so we can drink a lot of that...black, because we are out of creamer... while we eat Ramen noodles, LOL!).

chichiwvu
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:02 PM
I had a friend who figured out that we pay like $20 a gallon for soda, so we should stop complaining about gas. Soda we can choose not to buy, and we are going back to last years policy of not buying it for the house. It'll help us get a but healthier too.

Quoting GrandmaSherry:

Its truly remarkable how much prices are rising!  A 2-liter Coke is $1.89!  Everywhere, the simple things that were 99cents are almost double in price, unless you can find them on sale somewhere....and then the sale is never as good as the regular price was 6 months ago.

I really hate shopping!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahsmama09
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I do not use coupons for a lot of food purchases. I buy some things with coupons,a nd when I can get great prices I stock up. But I buy big amounts when veggies or fruit are super cheap, and freeze. I buy meat from local farmers by the hwol animal...its a lot cheaper. I buy cheese in blocks and shred it myself. If its a good price I freeze it. I buy frozen juice, instead of the premade because its 1/fourth the price. I stock up when whole grain pasta is cheap. I grow our own veggies, and pick berries. I know not everyone can do that, but even in the city they have farmers share crops. I usually only buy pb, mayo/miracle whip, canned veggies, soups,  pasta, rice, and cereal with coupons. And some frozen things(like sweet potato fries and pizza once in a while.) But only when I can get it for really cheap.

I cut costs in other areas, like I use coupons for pet food, hygiene products(such as body wash, deodorant, shampoo/cnd, and toothpaste.) I can get that for heap I stock pile it. I put pet food in a plastic tote to keep out bugs(the animals) and too keep it fresh.

I make our own detergent, diaper detergent, and dishwasher soap. I cloth diaper/wipe. I use cloth on the end of our mops to wash the floor. I use unpaper towels. I haven't been convinced of unpaper tp...but I know some who do, lol. I make my recipes for the week based on what is on hand and what is on sale in flyers. I use whatever produce is in season. If it is a great deal I buy enough to freeze. When BLSL chicken breasts are in clearance I buy as much as I can and freee it. (Walmart is 1.79  lb but theydo reduced meats sometimes and I buy all they have when they do.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)