• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Water water.......Anywhere?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

How is the water table in your area?  If you are on the low end, how do you conserve it?  Our level is supposedly high, but in the last week alone, it has dropped to normal.  In Southeast Idaho, we usually end up having to be careful with it.  How do you schedule your watering and everyday chores to conserve?  Beth100

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Beth100
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bleacheddecay
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM

We never water. I think keeping a lawn is really unwise for our environment not to mention useless in general.

I try to be careful with water usage in my chores. I don't leave the water running or anything like that.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:01 PM

The water table is about 8 feet below ground level here.  We still try to conserve water although we do not go to great lengths.  We don't water our lawn but we do water our garden frequently when it's dry.  We have a pool that holds 11,000 gallons of water, but that is not something we fill every day.  We don't leave water running, we have a water saver toilet, showers are kept short, our washing machine is a front loader, and we try to wash dishes only once a day. 

sassymomntx1961
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Im not sure what ours are.Im in cental Tx.I try and watch my ater usuage but Im sure I could do better.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

texasmom1800
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:48 AM

We haven't had rain down here in South Texas since September last year.  We conserve water by taking shorter showers and not watering the lawn as often.

TheSugarComa
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM

It pretty today, but we have had horrible wether which has led to major floods in certian part of our province.  I wouldnt water my grass anyways, im a lousy grass-keeper lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)