Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Monsters!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do each of you have a "problem child"?  I don't mean just a bad kid, because, I don't think that those exist!!  But do you have one that is harder to keep in check, communicate with, or to understand?  I'm just wondering if I am all alone on t his planet.....Hopeing that I am not!  Beth100

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Beth100
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Jonas, he is 5 1/2 yrs old. He won't listen climbs fences, figured out how to escape out of his window, and the reason we have key locks on everything. My other 3 have been much easier, they play puzzles, listen, stay where I tell them to. I sleep in a recliner by his room to make sure he doesn't leave the house at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladywithtwo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Oh yeah! I was just thinking that today I feel more like a jail warden than a mom! My 7yr old has been talking back and just being irritable ALL DAY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladywithtwo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Have you tried the little alarms that sound when a door or window opens? They're only a few bucks at Home Depot. They can stick on or nail into the door

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Jonas, he is 5 1/2 yrs old. He won't listen climbs fences, figured out how to escape out of his window, and the reason we have key locks on everything. My other 3 have been much easier, they play puzzles, listen, stay where I tell them to. I sleep in a recliner by his room to make sure he doesn't leave the house at night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Yes, I do, and he's getting married tomorrow.  He'll be HER problem!  LOL

From a young age he was always into things, experimenting with things he shouldn't have (matches & lighters), and had an immense curiosity about everything.  He took appliances apart (sometimes without permission) to see how they worked.  When we talked, he was always thinking 3 steps ahead of the conversation.  He had (and still has) temper tantrums, like a flash fire, but always got over them quickly.

It turns out our "problem child" is very intelligent with ADHD thrown in there.  When he tries to explain something to us, we often have to ask him to slow down and put it in human terms.  The man has learned, on his own, how to repair/program/build computers and gaming systems, and how to do intricate car repairs. 

sammygrl77
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM
Oh yeah! Brooke is my spunky 3.5 year old. I could lock her in a bare padded room and she would still find something to get into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM
We have door alarms, working to get ones that fit the Windows. He figures it out fast :(

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

Have you tried the little alarms that sound when a door or window opens? They're only a few bucks at Home Depot. They can stick on or nail into the door

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomsMama07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Yes!! My son is my problem child! My daughter is not. Although she's only 7 months so who knows haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofDRAYDEN
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM
DS is 5 and he's a hard headed little boy. BUT he still gives hugs and kisses so that has to count for something lol

Quoting Beth100:

Do each of you have a "problem child"?  I don't mean just a bad kid, because, I don't think that those exist!!  But do you have one that is harder to keep in check, communicate with, or to understand?  I'm just wondering if I am all alone on t his planet.....Hopeing that I am not!  Beth100

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Hmm well my eldest never slept as a baby, he always got into EVERYTHING, when he started school he was too talkative and hyper and got into "trouble" from those kinds of things, nothing really bad, though.  But he has always been an A student so no problems w that at least ;)

My youngest was always so calm, a happy baby, slept well, smiley, shy.

The past year or 2, it seems like they switched personalities, now my youngest is the class clown and more hyper and my eldest calmed down.  I figure they are taking turns driving me crazy, ha ha.

going crazy

brandi1608
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I can honestly say I do not... because I wont tolerate it an d my kids have known that since they were old enough to understand english...  BUT... I keep my nephew who has been raised by my mom since he was born alot (in fact he is coming next week for the week) and he is one of those children... he has extreme hyperactivity and attention deficit... he is very hard to work with alot of the time.. however once he is with me for a few days he does calm down alot... my mom lets him get away with anything and everything and never follows thru with any punishment.. I on the other hand do not and always follow thru .. it makes a difference.

But no momma your not the only one. Many parents have that one child... good luck! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)