• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the Nail polish post got me thinking???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM
  • 3 Replies

I used to enjoy going to the salon every 6 weeks and doing the cut, color,brows treat. Well that is no longer even a remote option for us. I have been watching Groupon for a style deal but nothing so far. I go back to school next week and would love that "new me" feeling but how???My sister did give me a do it yourself kit for your hands and nails so that is covered.

What are your tricks or tips? 

Leanne

We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chichiwvu
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM
I got my hair cut at a salon and then dyed it at home. (I got free hair color with a coupon) total make over was $30. You can check out beauty schools too. Their prices are much cheaper, but quality could be spotty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I used to sell Avon. There was a thing that was like a peel and stick manicure. There was a package for toes and one for fingers. You matched up your nail to the sizes in the package. You peeled off the backing and pressed the "polish" onto your nail. I don't even know if they still make them, but my former customers raved about them.

I also cut my own hair as well as the 2 kiddos and my hubby. I can get most of it by myself. I do have my hubby come in and help me even up the back.

The previous post about the cosmetology students is a good idea. I've done that for a couple of weddings. We've taken the whole bridal party in cuts, nails, and pedicures. I've never had a problem. 1 girl on 1 occassion had to have 1 of her nails redone.

mrs_smiph
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I do everything myself (even trim my own hair) and I don't color my hair.  You could check out your local beauty college.  They usually do beauty treatments for a fraction of the cost at a salon.  Last time I went to our beauty college, I got a haricut for $8 and the woman who did it had been a barber in Hawaii for 9 years and was earning her California beauty license.  She did a great job.  I'm not much help but here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)