• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Day of School

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

The first day of school is right around the corner in many areas.  If your kids are the age where they would still allow it................Do you take them to school on the first day?  Maybe go in and meet the teacher?  Beth100

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Beth100
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 4:52 PM

DD starts 3rd Grade on the 29th. Her teacher is new to the 3rd Grade. She is a sweet lady and the kids know her as the Gym teacher and love her. I will take DD for the 1st day. I also make cookies for the kids for snack. There are only 12 in her class again.

LoveLiz
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM

We have meet the teacher night here on Monday and started today. My kids are in 8th and 11th.

LiviaA
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Today was my son's first day of first grade!  I walked him in and met his teacher :)  I knew her from last year anyway, but it was nice to see him off on his first day!  She took a picture of us at the door :)

Mom2_2Boys
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:35 PM

My youngest will be in 3rd grade. I will walk him in and probably take a pic with him and his teacher. I already know her, she is actually our neighbor. My oldest is going into 6th grade, I will not walk him in.

GrandmaSherry
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Our children always had orientation days...or nights.  We would go in to meet the teachers and learn our way around.  It was always an exciting time!

nmaxwell816
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I tak ehtem only becuae there is no bus!

sweetsurprise13
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

we have orientation tonight and I plan on taking some picts of him with his teach and all of us. Then monday is his official first day of school. sniff, sniff. 

sassymomntx1961
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:23 AM

DD starts 4th grade this comin mon.She is so ready cause there is no one to play w/ unless we're at Church.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

RugersMommy06
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:52 AM

1st day is Sept. 6th. It's only an hour & a half and parents stay with them. The next day is a full day (kindergarten) and you can't go in. They want you to walk them to their class for 2 weeks, then just drop them off with the aids after that.

specialwingz
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM

No, my kids are grown.  The last 2 start college on Monday.  I'm sure they'd find a rock to hide under if I walked them to class to meet their professors.  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)