Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i was chosen for a kmart influencer

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Jen
  • 20 Replies

i am so thankful to have been chosen for the $50 giftcard. thanks cafemom and kmart. my daughter is only ten months so we don't need back to school supplies just yet, so i decided to shop for my cousin so is going to college this year, and will be staying in her dorm.  we decided to shop the whole store because she will need everything from paper to towels and sheets.  i found some excellent clearance items around the store, and i think almost everything in the store was on sale.  

this was part of the display when we first walked into the store, it also included a table with all of the most recent advertisements for the store, including a monthly coupon booklet and summer coupon flyers, none of which i receive at home anymore (not sure why) but i was very glad to see them!

at first we went strait to the back to school section. i have to admit i was a little bummed by some of the prices. i wanted to get a couple reams of printer paper and they were regular price of 4.49, which i know for a fact i can get a ream of paper cheaper at walmart for under $3.  so instead we got everything im showing in these pictures, which i have to say im pretty proud of getting all of this stuff for $50!

the notebooks were on sale 10 for $10, so i got five to get started for the year.  the looseleaf paper wasn't marked so i wasn't sure how much it was, so we decided to skip it for now.  the soaps were on sale for $1 and there was a coupon in on of the flyers i got at the front for $1 off limit 2, so the soap was totally free! i wonder if kmart realized they were giving away free soap?!? the ziploc bags were on sale 2 for $5 and i had two $1 off 2 ziploc bags, so they were 4 for $9! another great score bc the store brand bags were on sale for 2.29, so i got them cheaper than generic! double score!

the cereal was on sale 4 for $10 and i have a coupon for $1 off three boxes, and these are the big 15oz boxes, so i thought it was totally worth it. and what college kid doesn't like cereal?!? :)

next huge score we found were these fabric organizer cubes. they were originally prices 6.99 each, on sale for 2.50, so we snagged four of them.  they are perfect for holding school supplies or to help organize a closet. i have lots of them at my house and i may go back to grab a few more for myself at this price you can't go wrong! they had many colors, we got black, purple and pink.

our last awesome score was this bag, it's hard to see in the pic but it's black canvas with hot pink stiching of stars and smiley faces, and it's huge! perfect for carrying whatever a college student needs to carry to class. best part was it was on clearance, and right now you get an extra 40% off all clearance apparel, so it was 6 or 7 bucks originally 20 i believe.  another thing i am in love with and might go back and get my own!

i snagged a couple of other great items, a sandbox set and two super cute outfits for my daughter bc we had $10 leftover on the giftcard, all of the items were clearanced out and had an extra 40% off so we scored majorly! thanks again cafemom and kmart for choosing me for this influencer program! 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allie01
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Wow you got a lot of stuff!! We had a Kmart in our town for years but it recently closed down. I always like shopping there!

klring73
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Awesome!  Congrats on the gift card!  And good job on the shopping sounds like you got some good deals!

DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Congrats, I always love cm influencer programs...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:36 PM

congrats!!

chichiwvu
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Wow! Great deals! I love those canvas cubes. I have 4 at home and use them for a lot of things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomsMama07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Wow! You did good!! :) Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Congrats!

GrandmaSherry
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Congrats!!  You did a great job!

tazmidgiefairy
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM

congrats

theresaphilly
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 7:05 AM

What is a Kmart Influencer? I always get these emails for surveys about products I never seen advertised on Cafe Mom and some influencer program.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)