• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$4 for WHAT??? lol

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

So like the other poster talked about being unfrugal...

we went to a carnival this weekend...and my son...oh my son...lol...wanted ice cream and the only vendor that had ice cream was selling this TINY...TINY TUB for $4!!

Plain vanilla and nothing on it!!

lemme tell ya....my stomach was in knots...as I handed over that $4 knowing how many things I could buy for $4.

But we don't get out too much so...I took that into consideration and seeing my son happy...and got it. LOL

Ugh.

icecream

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
StephanAndCoral
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:50 AM

oh I know the feeling. glad you had a good time though!

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM

yes...it HURT lol...but that might have been the last carnival for a while...unless the military base near by does one for octoberfest..and my son loves a carnival and rides...least they were selling bands and i got that for him instead of buying tickets and i didnt go on any rides...

Quoting StephanAndCoral:

oh I know the feeling. glad you had a good time though!

UkranianMom2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I know the feeling.. I get that for small things like soda or candy bars my husband likes to buy out of vending machines. Now even just going out to eat because I've put my self on such a tight budget and plan everything.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM

yep..it is so much extra $$ when they buy drinks...knowing we can buy in bulk for cheaper and have at home lol

Quoting UkranianMom2:

I know the feeling.. I get that for small things like soda or candy bars my husband likes to buy out of vending machines. Now even just going out to eat because I've put my self on such a tight budget and plan everything.

GrandmaSherry
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

The things we do for our kids!  And you think....I can't wait till they're grown...things will get easier.

Then they bring you the grandchildren....OH MY!  Go ahead....sign over your life!  LOL

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM

and bank account LOL...

Quoting GrandmaSherry:

The things we do for our kids!  And you think....I can't wait till they're grown...things will get easier.

Then they bring you the grandchildren....OH MY!  Go ahead....sign over your life!  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)