• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potato soup

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
soso last night i made my first attempt at potato soup, my mom used to always make it for me, but she always just puts potatos it and i wanted to try it a differnt way, so i made it potatoes carrots broccoli some velveeta cheese and ham....but i had to use so much milk...the recipe i found called for 1 can evaporated milk and 3 cups milk, well tht was only for a tiny pan and i wanted a big pan, so i tripled the recipe....it was so much milk, it didnt taste bad but i just cant see my mom using that much milk to make it, sooooo what do you guys use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I peel and dice potatoes, put them in a pan and cover them with water or chicken broth.  Boil them (add a bit of onion, bit of ham) until tender.  Add 1 can evaporated milk.  Season to taste.

lovemyirish
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:59 AM
I use the potato water, milk and chichen stock
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 AM

will have to try that with the stock

Quoting lovemyirish:

I use the potato water, milk and chichen stock

RandiSheree
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM

I boil my potatos with chopped onion...drain...add butter,  bacon and one carton sour cream and chive dip, and enough milk for your desired thickness...i like mine a little thinner so i use a little more milk.. then bring to a boil...and its done..its really good..i like it better then any other potato soup ive had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)