Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Right now, I really wish we could afford....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 84 Replies

I took our dd to the rec center this morning to go swimming. OMG she has SOOOO much fun and its a great workout for me too.

It costs $6.50 and adult, children under 2 are free. So dd  is free till January. I asked about a membership there and they said about $100 a month...or $900 a year!!!! Holy Moly!! I couldn't believe it!! I honestly thought it was a joke at first.

We'd have full access to their pools, fitness center, rock climbing wall, aerobics, tennis courts and discounts on the classes they offer there (dd and I are already signed up for an art class starting next week).

But DAMN $900?!?!?!

That's just outrageous!! But it would be so cool if we had that money :)

I think my non-frugal daydreams change at least weekly though lol

What are you dreamin of?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Joining the kids into gymnastics. 30/kid per month, oach.

Jonas is so talented and physically skilled. We could swing it, just would be expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missyify
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Wow!  That is crazy!

Hmmm...  My dreams are mainly clothes related...  I like a lot of unusual stuff like steampunk style clothing which is pretty expensive...  I also love real corsets with steel boning (even though I can't wear them right now.)  Now that I have a little one on the way, I see a bunch of cute stuff for her that costs as much as grown up clothes!  I might buy a few outfits if I can fit it into the budget before she comes along.

maria295447
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM
I would love to send my kids to summer camp...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Joining the kids into gymnastics. 30/kid per month, oach.

Jonas is so talented and physically skilled. We could swing it, just would be expensive.

How old is he? My dd is 20mo. I had no idea how much she enjoyed the water till our recent vacation to VA brought us to their water park and WOW!! She was like a whole new child LOL. I literally had to drag her out kicking and screaming today because she wanted to stay but her lips were blue, we'd been there for an hour and she wanted to go into 4 ft deep water...alone HAHA

She will be in swim lessons after her 2nd birthday lol

KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Quoting Missyify:

Wow!  That is crazy!

Hmmm...  My dreams are mainly clothes related...  I like a lot of unusual stuff like steampunk style clothing which is pretty expensive...  I also love real corsets with steel boning (even though I can't wear them right now.)  Now that I have a little one on the way, I see a bunch of cute stuff for her that costs as much as grown up clothes!  I might buy a few outfits if I can fit it into the budget before she comes along.

I googled steampunk clothing and wow that is totally expensive!! But I REALLY like a lot of those jackets!!!

KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Do I even wanna know how much that costs? Lol

Quoting maria295447:

I would love to send my kids to summer camp...

IloveBilly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I am just dreaming of the day I graduate and can start a good job and be able to take them all to some place nice for vacations. Plus I really want a Dodge Charger. Right now I have a Kia Sorento and its awesome but man it would be so cool to finally get a Charger.

Missyify
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, and corsets are $99 at the very minimum.  I have two from my pre-frugal days lol.  One of which was almost $300.  OUCH!  No wonder why we were broke all the time...

Steampunk jackets are awesome, though.  I just love the style in general.  I would totally wear it to the grocery store lol.

Quoting KenzieQsMommy:

Quoting Missyify:

Wow!  That is crazy!

I googled steampunk clothing and wow that is totally expensive!! But I REALLY like a lot of those jackets!!!

bethmoore71
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I know. My city's rec center is super nice, and just as expensive if I remember correctly!

I'm dreaming of new tires for my car, LOL. For a small car, the tires are expensive. They're normally around $125 each, and I have to replace them before ice & snow hit this winter! Thank goodness I've taken on a second job, otherwise there'd be no way to get them AND Christmas presents this year. : /

daye62
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I would love a tropical vacation.It's been years and years since I've been anyplace cool.I used to live in Hawaii but DH has never been and it's my dream to go back and show him the beauty;it would be like seeing it for the first time all over again.We're thinking about just being carefree for once and taking the income tax next year and just going,but something always seems to come up.This year we needed a new fridge.We'll see;cross your fingers for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)