• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel frugal today!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am quiet proud of myself right now, i am new to this being frugal thing so it may not sound like much but I priced matched 3 1lb of carrots for 99c and 5 kiwi fruits for 99c. Then tonight we were having tacos for dinner I wanted the 1lb of ground beef to stretch over 2 meals so used 1/2lb and added a can of white beans with the seasoning, it made so much that we will now have more than enough for several tacos or a taco salad each for lunch tomorrow! I also had n avacado that was going bad so I mushed it up and added it to my tacos yummmm!

What did you do today that has you feeling frugal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
torttia
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Nothing. I have been sick all day (morning sickness) so I made boring spaghetti for dinner.

Anellie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Great job! Mine is boring, too! LOL

Well I had some frozen BBQ'ed ribs and chicken breast from our 4th of July cook out. I thawed, warmed up and had that with some baked beans.

MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Congrats on your frugalness (if that's really a word?).

I asked hubby to stop at the grocery store with a couple of coupons for some awesome deals. He surprised me by stopping at the Hostess outlet to pick up some bread.

lillucky8
by Jen on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Worked all day, only got gas today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GrandmaSherry
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Great job on making the most of everything you have!

Beth100
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Well.....You are quite the frugal one!  It is actually kind of a "turn on' when one can save some money , be savy and make those meals stretch.........actually I don't know how anyone can get along without doing so.  But you are doing great!  I have to tell you, It always cheers me to see your profile picture w/ the sassy little hat w/ red posey!  Beth100

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Beth100
Mummy2008
by Kirsty on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Lol thankyou =) it was for a bridal shower its def not my normal dress code lol

Quoting Beth100:

Well.....You are quite the frugal one!  It is actually kind of a "turn on' when one can save some money , be savy and make those meals stretch.........actually I don't know how anyone can get along without doing so.  But you are doing great!  I have to tell you, It always cheers me to see your profile picture w/ the sassy little hat w/ red posey!  Beth100

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Way to go!!

I've really made more of an efforrt to be frugal this week. I bought 2 Christmas presents early and on sale. I made banana bread with chocolate chips we've had for breakfast 2 mornings in a row now. Last night was my SO's night off (he works nights as a manager at a grocery store) and I usually like to cook something nice but we decided we'd just eat leftovers and what we had out of the pantry. It felt great knowing we were saving what's in our freezer for a night when we have nothing in the fridge!

MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Awesome job on those deals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)