Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Hold On Till the Bitter End?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 17 Replies
I have really, really bad luck with phones. I've done great with this one though! I've rplaced it twice because I broke it (thank god for insurance lol) but its starting to give out cause its old (almost 3yrs) and its just a crappy phone so i'm thinking about upgrading and paying off the phone by adding a payment to my cell phone bill. I just don't know if I should go ahead and do it tomorrow when I pay my bill, or wait until it really dies. I just don't want that to happen at the most inopportune moment lol (my luck!). So do you replace your electronics before its the end or wait until they give out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soontobemommie3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I am a electronics junky. Thanks to dh. I want the latest and greatest. I literally start saving for my next phone as soon as I get the new one. Its a bad habit. :( but, I can't help it. Its like once a year and really the only thing I purchase for myself. I don't even have my hair cut or colored professionaly I do it myself. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM
What kind of phone do you have? We have tmobile, SO has a samsung galaxy and I want it soooooooo bad!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balloonartiste
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I am way behind in electronics - don't have the latest and greatest but I would replace before it breaks so you have the time to do all that.  Like you said, you don't want it to die when you really need it.

Amanda52007
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM
Before it dies. It's what I usually do. I have at&t. I just got my HTC Status and I looove it. Lol hubbub has the iPhone 3gs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM
If I get this phone it will be the closest i've come to being up to date on electronics lol. I usually just buy the cheapest thing with all the features I want.

Quoting balloonartiste:

I am way behind in electronics - don't have the latest and greatest but I would replace before it breaks so you have the time to do all that.  Like you said, you don't want it to die when you really need it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I would get it before it goes completely. I have the Droid Incredible.

bookworm14
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:49 AM
I have been incredibly lucky with phones. When my contract is up for renewal, I end up getting credit to upgrade for free! This time, I wanted a blackberry, the Sprint store wanted to charge me retail minus my $175 credit. Went to Radio Shack & was able to get the upgrade for free!! I think I had an activation fee of $18, added to my nxt stmt. Sure is a cheap way to got for a $250 phone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Wow that's awesome!! I have some credit since its coming up to renewal time and I haven't gotten a new phone in years!

Quoting bookworm14:

I have been incredibly lucky with phones. When my contract is up for renewal, I end up getting credit to upgrade for free! This time, I wanted a blackberry, the Sprint store wanted to charge me retail minus my $175 credit. Went to Radio Shack & was able to get the upgrade for free!! I think I had an activation fee of $18, added to my nxt stmt. Sure is a cheap way to got for a $250 phone!!

Beth100
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:45 PM

We generally replace them when we start having problems with them.  However, we check the provider first, cause sometimes it is a problem with them.  We also do all trouble shooting, even call customer support to make sure that it is the device that is going south, instead of the service.  You would be surprised to know how many times we have called customer service, only to find that there seems to be a problem in our particular area.  Beth100

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Beth100
KenzieQsMommy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I wish that were the case with me! Its definitely the phone- it keeps shutting off on its own or the buttons will freeze and I can't use it for a while or until I take the battery out.

Quoting Beth100:

We generally replace them when we start having problems with them.  However, we check the provider first, cause sometimes it is a problem with them.  We also do all trouble shooting, even call customer support to make sure that it is the device that is going south, instead of the service.  You would be surprised to know how many times we have called customer service, only to find that there seems to be a problem in our particular area.  Beth100

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)