• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Ever?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 AM
  • 12 Replies

Wish you had done something different in your life?  Please share it.  It seems like we have all made huge choices along the way....Any you regret?  Beth100

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:47 AM

It is going to sound weird given the current scandal, but i think choosing to stay and go to an in-state college rather than going to the many ones that I was accepted to out-of-state, including Penn State, was actually the turning point in my life.  I think had I gone out of state, I would have accomplished more by this time.

mrs_vinita
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive made a lot of poor decisions that I could easily regret, and many would say I should, but I choose not up regret any of them. They made me who I am and gave me the life I have today, the good and the bad. I'm sure I will continue to make "regrettable" choices for the rest of my life, but I will learn from each one and make sure not to repeat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
endurablemist
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:53 AM

I regret not doing more with my life after high school. I didn't go to the school I wanted to, or study what I wanted to. I did what my mom wanted me to. It was a rip off, and I ended up quiting and pregnant at 18. I DO NOT regret having my daughter, or meeting my DF, just wish I could have a better paying job that I enjoy.

But I choose not to worry about it, just go to myh crazy job, and get paid, at least I have a job right?

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I do wish that I hadn't made some of the choices I have, but then I wouldn't have what I do now in the way of experience, knowledge, or family.

Amanda52007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM
I regret not doing my nursing school in 2005 like I should have. So Im doing it now...or, about too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pigtail
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I cringe at some of the choices I made. They taught me so much. 

starbeck96
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I wish that I had stayed in college after my husband and I got married instead of waiting until I had kids to go.  It made it so much harder..

specialwingz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Regret is nothing but unproductive and negative energy.  Life is better spent focusing on the positive and being productive.  I don't waste a single minute regretting anything I've done in my life.  The past can't be changed.  And, your past, both good and bad, is what led you to where you are today.

nightowlshan
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I would say the turning point in my life was definetely my decision to drop out of college and just work. 

Even though we live check to check, and things are tough, I can't say that I would have rather done things different.  Had I not dropped out, I honestly don't beleive I would have met my hubby and had my girls.  Can't give those up for a degree and a cushion of cash.

MissyB1011
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I wish that I hadn't wasted my freshman year of college. I wish that I had gone back to college and finished my bachelor's.

But...if I had done either of those, I wouldn't have met my hubby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)