Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mice-----EEEK!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM
  • 10 Replies

I think I told you before that mice have invaded my garage.  I have become the mouse terminator!!!  Fearsome in battle.....glue traps, mouse traps baited with peanut butter, and a weekly clean up of droppings, while wearing a face mask.  I am also considering buying mothballs to sprinkle around the garage as I am told that mice are offended by their odor.  But it seems to me that I once heard of a device that emitted a high decible noise that would make mice leave.  (Maybe I am just dreaming)....but have any of you heard of such a device?  Beth100

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissysnow22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 AM
Oh poor dear. My dh thought he heard a mouse in our room yesterday and had us in major clean up mode..... It was just the wind blowing some plastic lol

I do remember seeing an infomercial for something like that. Maybe check an as seen on tv store?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 AM

I have seen those devices.  I don't think I'd use one because we do have pets that it might affect...but then again, we don't have a mouse problem.   We have 4 cats instead.

Strega
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 AM
We're dealing with them. They're getting in through our Garage as well and have made their home in the Attic. Exterminator quoted us $445 a year. Riiiight, that'll happen! Husband's putting snap traps in the Garage and Attic. Our Cat would hurt them if he saw them, but they stay up in the Attic. I'm also breaking out the Peppermint Oil. Their noses can't take that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by Dawn on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:40 AM
We have the same issue. When the tankless waterheater was installed, they didn't reseal the insulation. We have mice under the house now. I got that device at Target, I can't remember the name, but its a plug in. And we haven't heard them since I installed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:46 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pigtail
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:49 AM

I would just go with the moth balls. Good luck!

mom2aspclboy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Try peppermint oil.  Mice hate it & it is safe to use around both pets & people, plus it smells nice. You can soak cottonballs with the peppermint oil, then place them in the areas where you have found droppings, as well as any spots where you think they may come in, like opening for pipes or crawl spaces.

Nintendomommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM
Yup, we have some, they plug into the wall. Ours are made by black and decker, we got them in a 4 pack for about $9 at big lots. They work fabulously! Ours even have night lights on them that you can choose to have on or off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I have never had a problem with mice.  {{{knock on wood}}}  However, in MN, I had issues with shrews.  My house was sealed tighter than a drum and they still managed to get in somehow.  They liked to be inbetween the the upstairs floor and downstairs ceiling, which was above my bedroom.  They would be active at night and drive me crazy, not to mention the sheer existence of them.  At that time, I was an accountant for some flour mills.  The guys sent me home with some glue traps that fixed my problem in no time.

I have heard of the sound devices you spoke of.  But, I've never used them.  I've always had kitties and a dog.  I'm sure that device would drive them crazy.  

TWINS609
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:13 AM

So Moth balls help?...My garage has been invaded as well. I am assuming it is due to the cooler weather so early this this year. I have the glue strips in place but if the moth balls work I will get some of those as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)