Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two Dinners....Every Night!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:18 AM
  • 3 Replies

I think I am driving myself nuts, trying to be frugal....I have started to prepare two meals every night.  Dinner for the day of course and a second course from the same cut of meat for another dinner.  It has not been that hard and I am starting to stockpile some good frozen meals.  I figure it will help during the holidays as the days get busier.  What are you doing to give yourself extra time for gift shopping, decorating, and all the things that go with it?  Beth100

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:44 AM

order stuff online and have it shipped directly

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM

I'm keeping it simple.  As much as I hate to say it, I will keep my Christmas card list to a minimum this year and do them right after Thanksgiving.  I will probably buy most gifts online.  I am not worried about dinners because I plan meals ahead of time.  I will buy the tree and put it up and let the kids decorate it and the rest of the house.  I don't plan to make a lot of baked goodies beyond the traditional gingerbread house and a few kinds of cookies, and I will enlist my kids to help.

starbeck96
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I am doing my major house cleaning this week.  That way all I have to do is just keep everything straightened up.  I am also having a yard sale Saturday to get rid of stuff we don't need and stuff we don't use.

I don't have the extra room in my freezer to make extra meals.  I wish I did though.  I would love to make two or three meals and only cook once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)