• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Penn State Scandal

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have not been so disgusted by a scandal in some time.  I just cannot imagine what those young men suffered and may be suffering to this day!  What are your thoughts?  Beth100

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
endurablemist
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Ok this might sound strange. I live in PA, but I don't watch the news. I hate watching the news. I went to the papers website to look it up, and got preoccupied reading about the election. So could someone fill me in here? All I read was a headline about a riot, and gathering outside the coach's house. And something about abuse.

Amanda52007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:22 AM
I havent been following close...but the coach was caught sexual abusing boys for numerous years. And 2 other coaches are being investigated for covering it up.

I hope I got that correct and someone pls correct me if I dont.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Here is a breakdown on the 3 main men...

Jerry Sandusky: The former Penn State defensive coordinator was charged with sexually abusing eight boys over a 15-year period. Sandusky, 67, maintains he is innocent. He played football at Penn State and was a coach there for 32 years — 23 of them as the team's defensive coordinator. He and his wife, Dottie, raised six adopted children.

Tim Curley: The Penn State athletic director, 57, denies being told of sexual misconduct by Sandusky in 2002 but is accused of covering up allegations tied to the scandal. He was named athletic director on Dec. 30, 1993. Curley went on administrative leave the day before his Nov. 7 arraignment.

Gary Schultz: As Penn State's senior vice president for finance and business — which gives him oversight of university police — Schultz, 62, has been charged with covering up abuse allegations. He served as the school's senior vice president and treasurer from 1993 to 2009, when he retired. Schultz returned to the same job in 2011, on a temporary basis. In early 2010, the university named a campus child care center after Schultz, who retired again on Nov. 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jansan24
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

This story is disgusting on so many levels. SHAME, SHAME on Penn State for not reporting the allegations to the police. Imagine how many children could have been speared this life ruining nightmare. I'm not one for litigation but Penn State deserves every civil suit brought their way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)